ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locks but not unlocks

Clio 172
My Clio locks by the standard key but wont unlock. Even the button on the dash does the same, it has a sigma alarm fitted ( not by me) dunno if this is anything to do with it but that fob will also only lock the car. Am currently having to unlock with key in door. ( which by the way I only have in the passenger door, why?????).

Any help will be much appreciated

Megane Mk4
Sounds like an alarm fault imo, but I could be wrong.. Try disconnecting the power from the alarm and try un/locking the car.. Also, your not on your own, all Clio 172 mk2's/182 all variants's only had a passenger locking barrel.. French car so originally left hand drive, the french just couldn't be bothered to move that across with the steering wheel.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hi Smithy, welcome to CS.net

Sounds to me like a UCH fault... its pretty common on the Clio II i'm afriad and normally caused by water ingress however its not a cheap fix and normally requires a new UCH which is not a DIY job as it needs coding up along with all your keys. Last one I did for a CS member cost him £280 to supply and fit a new N3 UCH and code up his existing keys on the CLIP.

Mick

Clio 172
Damn I new it was too cheap to be true, oh well the joys of owning a Renault. So is there away to confirm this is the fault or is it a fix it and see job. Also can you do it then.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Without a proper diagnostic that can connect to and perform "Actuations" on the UCH whilst monitoring the live data no, i'm afraid not. If you're anywhere near Nottingham pop it in and i'll do the diagnostic and pull the UCH for a visual check of the PCB and components for £35.

I've tried fitting new relays to the PCB's before with mixed success - The problem is you can't always fix the tracks when they burn out and even re-flowing the board doesn't properly fix it. The time it would take to properly repair then or even bypass them would work out about the same if not more than a replacement UCH so its a no brainer really... your existing unit is scrap.

Mick