ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loki did it again !!

Beetle
Fordy said:
PS - In his defense. It happened in a village called Severn Stoke. I use that road on a daily basis and it is a very nasty set of corners! Let alone in icy conditions!

^in which case he should've taken extra care and driven even slower;)

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
Loony said:
Yes, look at rally cars on snow they have skinny tyres not wide ones. you're spreading load over a greater area with a wide tyre so on slippy surfaces,ice,snow narrrower ones can be better as greater pressure is applied.
cheers dude knew some one would explain the tech side of it

thanks dan

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
Fordy said:
Alright Wilko!

I'll have to pop round over the weekend again! How's the recovery? I showed Dawn the picture of your injurys, she said you look like a pirate with that black eye and head bandage.

PS - In his defense. It happened in a village called Severn Stoke. I use that road on a daily basis and it is a very nasty set of corners! Let alone in icy conditions!
lol hope she liked. cheers man look forward to seeing ya mate

Wilko

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Loki said:
defonatly gonna be thinking safty when i buy my next car even though most cars would have done along the same lines of damge in that situation but makes you think though. 4 star euro ncap atleast probly a 1.4 1.6 duno what yet though cant be arsed at the moment

Babe.. you dont need a safer car.. you need to sort your driving out..

Yup ^^^ better to avoid having the accident in the 1st place rather than take the mindset that having something that will protect you more is the answer.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Loony said:
Yes, look at rally cars on snow they have skinny tyres not wide ones. you're spreading load over a greater area with a wide tyre so on slippy surfaces,ice,snow narrrower ones can be better as greater pressure is applied.

20051_15mg.jpg

106 GTi
Fordy said:
Alright Wilko!

I'll have to pop round over the weekend again! How's the recovery? I showed Dawn the picture of your injurys, she said you look like a pirate with that black eye and head bandage.

Didnt realise you guys where so local, drive up there all the time. Thought those bends where in the 30 limit , or a least have 30mph advisary signs on them?