ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

London at night

SQ5
Following on from my previous thread, here are the photos I took. I definitely need a stronger tripod as the one I had was ever so slightly being blown by the wind as you can see in some pics! Some pics are good, others not so IMO. This is a selection of the good ones. You can tell I got bored in traffic too :p Also, the Big Ben ones were hard to get the clock face properly so you can't see much of the clock hands!

All C+C Welcome. Thanks

DPP_0007.jpg

DPP_0008.jpg

DPP_0010.jpg

DPP_0011.jpg

DPP_0013.jpg

DPP_0014.jpg

DPP_0015.jpg

DPP_0016.jpg

DPP_0017.jpg

DPP_0019.jpg

DPP_0020.jpg

I'll add the rest once they've uploaded!

Merc A class
Good effort mate.

What camera? And Shutter speed etc! would love to get some shots like that!

SQ5
DPP_0005.jpg

DPP_0006.jpg

Couple more!

Camera is a Canon 450D with standard 18-55 lens. Shutter speed varied between 20-30 seconds and aperture was set to around f22.

Couple more to come after this too!

koi

Audi S1
Some amazing pics there, I have the same camera :)

To get the clock face in focus you should have taken another shot and then merged the 2 images in ps

SQ5
Good work mate! Looking to do this in a few months myself

You should do it, if anyone asks "your not taking pictures of the buildings are ya" just say its for a uni project, then they know your not thinking of a terrorist plot!

Some amazing pics there, I have the same camera :)

To get the clock face in focus you should have taken another shot and then merged the 2 images in ps

I thought of that after, I just wanted to get out of the middle of the road quickly as the cars were very close, and some were stopping next to me and didn't feel safe lol!

Last edited:
  Cupra
I really like the blurred lights shot. The others are also impressive. I would be interested to see some of the eye taken with a larger aperture to see how they looked without the stars.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome.

I've been working down there for 10 months, and I basically haven't seen anything outside of Paddington (seen quite a bit of there), and Waterloo station, I've not even seen the outside of Waterloo, lol.

I always forget how much there is to see down here, just like pretty much everyone else who works down here, I see the office and the pub and some hotels.

SQ5
I really like the blurred lights shot. The others are also impressive. I would be interested to see some of the eye taken with a larger aperture to see how they looked without the stars.

I would of needed to take down th street lights lol! I could of got closer really as the wall wasn't the widest and tripod wouldn't go on it! It's annoying London's a little way away as I'd be down there trying some more stuff most nights :)

The one of the wheel is fantastic!!

Cheers :)

Great shots, I would be tempted to knock the aperture down a notch or two as they seem a little dark, maybe keep the same shutter speed but try f11 or something? That might help fill in some of the dark patches with a bit of colour.

Other than that (and this one is never easy), try to shoot in the 2hrs after sunset, it's always good to have a tiny bit of light in the sky when shooting at 'night'.

SQ5
They were just a little later to that, around 1030-1130. I'll try get there a little earlier next time and knock the aperture down a touch too.

Cheers :)