ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Long time away

Ph2 172
As the title says really, I sold my 182 some years back now and moved into larger cars. A brief history of these last few years, the 182 left and was replaced by an M5, which has since been upgraded/ modified to some silly ish numbers :D, that was joined then by an S6 avant which was fantastic as an everyday car though that had to make way for the current family Range Rover. And not forgetting the M3 thats track prep'd.

Anyhow, I'm now looking at getting a hot hatch again and fancied another Clio to join the fleet, I've seen a 172 that I fancy having a look at when time permits and have a few questions about them before I go.

1. The steering wheels were falling apart on the 182's from what I can remember, is this so on the 172's?
2. What brake pads are being used for spirited road driving, no track time with this car.
3. Anything else I should be looking out for?

Thanks for any advise,

Lee