ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Look at my Willy!

Clio v6

What Willy ? Where ? Grrrrrrrrr! its a feckin car. Oh well never mind , your Car Willy looks great.

Ive just been out for my first proper drive in the Williams, so I dont want to start comparinging it to the 172 yet, I need to drive on all my favourite roads first, but it grinds the 206 GTi right into the ground in every possible way.

It needs the tracking doing which Im going to get sorted tomorrow morning first thing along with some P6000s that Ive got to have fitted, but on first impressions, the handling is utterly absolutely completely and totally superb.

Ive also noticed that loads more people try it on with the Willy. Ive had a 20V Turbo Coupe, a CTR a MK2 Golf GTi and a few lesser motors driving like complete knobs off the back of my bumper. Ahh.....back to the good old days of the traffic light Gran Prix then.

Rhys

I reckon that the Willy has the better handling, and the 205 the better steering feeling (although the 205 has no PAS so that might account for it). However, just been out for another run and am just gobsmacked with the Willys handling. To be honest, the Williams feels better put together, stronger engined and more fun to drive quickly round winding roads. There just isnt that "will it wont it" feel to the cars arse that the 205 has. The Williams just turns in and grips. Its just amazing.....like a little rally car!

Rhys

Screen price of £6000. Not a huge amount around any more. There was the one that CarlosTheJackal (forum member, not arch criminal) is going to look at near Leeds, but one was availble in Chesterfield in very good condition despite the relatively high mileage. It was clearly looked after, only had 2 previous owners and had a £300 service before I picked it up. There is also a small 3 month warranty with it so I decided to go for it. I think there is a 95-N reg Willy 3 still up for sale owned by bjfosteruk on this forum and he was looking for £6000 or so for his which only has 47k on the clock. Worth a look maybe?!

Rhys

Clio 197

And if anyone wants mine, they can bring cash with them on the European trip, get a free lesson on the Nurburgring, and drive it home...

How does €5000 sound?

mk2 172

just gotta see how the sax stacks up against my favourite motor, funny actually but i hope you smoke me after about 50 lol

Alfa Mito 155TB

ryhs172

I really like your Williams, they were and still are a hot hatch motoring ICON....I look forward to reading your comparison between the williams and the 172...I have never driven a williams so i dont know!!