ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

look what i knocked up :)

D

dick

ive been looking at peoples ways of attatching gels to speedlights. as there dont seem to be anything propper to buy.

i did used to have them selotaped on but im gonna get a whatsit.... erm stofen omnibounce.

so i wanted it to be removable and came up with this.

yes its made of velcro (soft side) doubled back on each other with bend paper clips trapped inside, with the rough bit on the end to tighten it up.
i had to mess about a bit to get the gels to fit right. im using lee gels by the way

im sure no ones intrested but it works well for me! as the tape looked crap and the omni bounce probs wouldnt have fit

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
nikon sb800's come with gels that slide in and clip on to the speedlight...

good effort though.

D

dick

really? boo canon. i could probly trap them under the wide little diffuser bit, but not much use when its on 105mm zoom

D

dick

only got the speedlight a few days ago! still learning how to use it tbh! but the gels for balancing the colour (adittedly not that colour - my CTO's are packed in my bag) of tungsten light to the flash.

ie. you take a photo under tungsten light or sunset or whatever with the flash, either you set WB for the flash or the tungsten light.
and the other is wrong. creating an orange hue or a blue hue...

so you balance the flash temp to the tungsten temp. and set the WB accordingly.

Thats the theory anyway, im yet to try it as ive been busy and havent bothered getting anyone sat down propperly to use it.

D

dick

know i look like s**t, been up since 7, eyes half shutting tbh. all taken at iso 640, 1/3sec @ f8.

1 - no gel camera set to flash WB - face okish,

2 - no ngel camera set to tungsten WB, face blue coz of flash, rest of room ok

3 - CTO gel, WB tungsten, face right, background right.

ps. dont adjust your screens, i am actually that pale... :(

i didnt actually find the right gel, i picked up the first orange cto in my set, proved my point though.