ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

looking at a valver tommorrow, to look for??

silver valver/hybrid
just usual stuff, rusty rear arches, check all electrics, including the oil guages, make sure its been serviced regularly and check all paperwork to varify the low mileage.definatly check the cambelt cus even though it aint reached 72k if its still on the original belt its old and probably could do with replacing.

As derv said, chekc for gone bearings, any leaks etc from the engine, running particularly hot, check the oil etc

I think if the rear wings have been replaced then they have a sticky-out bit (technical term lol) as you run your hand round, though that might just be mine.

Check the doors and wings for dings, check the foglights are intact at the front, check the sunroof works (check if it leaks - bucket of water over it perhaps?), tyres, dashboard lights, check the locks all work with the key.

Er... can't think of anything else at the moment! Might be worth taking a note of the previous owner on the logbook so you can try and track him down to ask what the mileage and history of it was when he sold it.

1996 Valver
And also by seeing if it doesn’t drop out of gear on the overrun, just accelerate in 2nd and let go of the pedals, if the mount has gone it will pop out of gear.
But all the above things are bargaining tools, nothing major.
You are best off running hpi, checking all your engine/chassie numbers. And of course accident damage.

S2000
I would say definately any leaks, wheel bearings and rust around the arches. As has been said they can all be sorted but can be used as bargaining points.