ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a Clio 200

Hi everyone.

I’ve just joined the forum. I’ve decided I’d like a Clio 200. I’m prepared to spend up to £7k, but would rather spend £5.5-6k. I’d also prefer less than 70k miles. I’ve been reading a lot of threads, buying guides, model guides, etc., but there’s a lot to learn. The thing I find most confusing is the differences between the specs. Therefore, I’d really appreciate some clarification. This is what I’ve gathered...

1) There’s the normal RS model (also known as full fat), which has more toys and creature comforts, such as auto climate/wipers/lights.
2) Then there’s the proper cup model, which sits lower and has stiffer springs, has a black strip down the side of the doors, doesn’t have air con, doesn’t have an ignition start button, has a key rather than a card, and has a sharper/quicker steering rack.
3) Finally, the full fat model could be spec’d with the cup chassis, so has the toys, but also has the lower, firmer suspension.

Are these the only three possibilities? So if a car isn’t a proper cup model, it must be a full fat model?

If anybody knowledgeable on this could confirm any of the above or correct anything that I might’ve misunderstood, I’d be very grateful.

Also, please could somebody confirm which models came with the red brake callipers and the rear spoiler.

Thanks in anticipation.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
There is

200 - silver brembos - no cup pack
200 cup, stripped down black bump strps but with cup chassis
Cupped 200 (FF) 200 with cup pack - best of both worlds in theory

I'd prefer a cup with AC and recaros