ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a nice sound!

Renault Clio 1.2
I've just seen this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z3g98sHh9E&NR=1

I thought that was pretty nice - but, I'm wondering how much would it cost for something like this and what will I need to get. Also wondering if it will bump up my insurance alot and what mods can I do to my Clio Dymanique 1.2 that won't effect my insurance policy.

This is going to be my first car and don't want to be spending thousands on it for insurance. Looking for a really nice sound.

Appreciate any comments and suggestions!

Last edited:
  A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
on a 1.2 performane increases will be non existent will be loudness only and legaly yes but i bet 8 out of 10 people dont i dint with my last car

Renault Clio 1.2
on a 1.2 performane increases will be non existent will be loudness only and legaly yes but i bet 8 out of 10 people dont i dint with my last car

So, if I don't declare it on my policy (if they caught me out) what's the worst that could happen? A fine? or would the car just get scrapped?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Yes you do have to declare it... If you don't and you have a serious accident, they will probably tell you were to stick it and you'll have to stump it yourself.
Terrible terrible idea to not declare mods.

There's pretty much no mods that you can make without telling your insurance.

172 cup
Gotta declare the mods mate, if you want a bit noise then drill some big holes in the underside of your airbox- it will sound a bit like an induction kit.

Don't bother with the back box.

Renault Clio 1.2
Gotta declare the mods mate, if you want a bit noise then drill some big holes in the underside of your airbox- it will sound a bit like an induction kit.
Don't bother with the back box.

Alright, cheers for your help! I want the car to be louder, just not too loud that it would look and sound stupid at the speed I will be going.