ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a part

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Wanting too put a induction kit on my Clio 1.2 16v but has a rectangular air box, I’ve found the part but it comes with a k&n kit and don’t feel like spending £140 on the kit

Attachments

• 1C342CFE-86B4-4010-85A8-A850D28E1637.jpeg
    1C342CFE-86B4-4010-85A8-A850D28E1637.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 22

Green51

ClioSport Club Member
  Goodwood Green '01
Maximum gainzzzzz!!! Some come up second hand on Ebay once in a blue moon but otherwise I haven't seen any other alternatives, there probably is a way to fabricate one with some effort but I could never be faffed to go that route.

I settled for a Pipercross Foam filter but recently moved back to paper to see if I actually notice a difference. If I did get my hands on an adapter I would still route the pipe down to behind the headlight to stop heat soak.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Maximum gainzzzzz!!! Some come up second hand on Ebay once in a blue moon but otherwise I haven't seen any other alternatives, there probably is a way to fabricate one with some effort but I could never be faffed to go that route.

I settled for a Pipercross Foam filter but recently moved back to paper to see if I actually notice a difference. If I did get my hands on an adapter I would still route the pipe down to behind the headlight to stop heat soak.
I dont have anything to cut ore drill metal with that’s why I’m wanting too buy , was planning on route behind radiator but if behind head light is best I can just do that

Green51

ClioSport Club Member
  Goodwood Green '01
I dont have anything to cut ore drill metal with that’s why I’m wanting too buy , was planning on route behind radiator but if behind head light is best I can just do that

There will be a little inlet between the headlight and grill that lets cold air in and the battery tray keeps the heat away. It will sound better with a big foam filter but in the engine bay it will be sucking up hot air and will hurt performance, all 75 ponies of it 😂

Green51

ClioSport Club Member
  Goodwood Green '01
So do you know anywhere that I can get the adapter ?
Wanting too put a induction kit on my Clio 1.2 16v but has a rectangular air box, I’ve found the part but it comes with a k&n kit and don’t feel like spending £140 on the kit
You already know where to get it, otherwise it's the waiting game to see if one comes up second hand. Last one I saw was on Ebay and was buy it now for £40 3-4 months ago fyi