ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a part

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Wanting too put a induction kit on my Clio 1.2 16v but has a rectangular air box, I’ve found the part but it comes with a k&n kit and don’t feel like spending £140 on the kit

Attachments

• 1C342CFE-86B4-4010-85A8-A850D28E1637.jpeg
    1C342CFE-86B4-4010-85A8-A850D28E1637.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 49

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
Maximum gainzzzzz!!! Some come up second hand on Ebay once in a blue moon but otherwise I haven't seen any other alternatives, there probably is a way to fabricate one with some effort but I could never be faffed to go that route.

I settled for a Pipercross Foam filter but recently moved back to paper to see if I actually notice a difference. If I did get my hands on an adapter I would still route the pipe down to behind the headlight to stop heat soak.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Maximum gainzzzzz!!! Some come up second hand on Ebay once in a blue moon but otherwise I haven't seen any other alternatives, there probably is a way to fabricate one with some effort but I could never be faffed to go that route.

I settled for a Pipercross Foam filter but recently moved back to paper to see if I actually notice a difference. If I did get my hands on an adapter I would still route the pipe down to behind the headlight to stop heat soak.
I dont have anything to cut ore drill metal with that’s why I’m wanting too buy , was planning on route behind radiator but if behind head light is best I can just do that

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
I dont have anything to cut ore drill metal with that’s why I’m wanting too buy , was planning on route behind radiator but if behind head light is best I can just do that

There will be a little inlet between the headlight and grill that lets cold air in and the battery tray keeps the heat away. It will sound better with a big foam filter but in the engine bay it will be sucking up hot air and will hurt performance, all 75 ponies of it 😂

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
So do you know anywhere that I can get the adapter ?
Wanting too put a induction kit on my Clio 1.2 16v but has a rectangular air box, I’ve found the part but it comes with a k&n kit and don’t feel like spending £140 on the kit
You already know where to get it, otherwise it's the waiting game to see if one comes up second hand. Last one I saw was on Ebay and was buy it now for £40 3-4 months ago fyi