ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for new ICE

Im new to this site! Anyone know much about ICE, because Ive been trying to get some for my car, but havent got round to it yet. Wanted to get a nice Head unit, looking at Alpine 9833/9835. I know you can use the stalk in the clio, but Ive seen the Alpines support the display too, but havent seen a lead for it yet.

Looking for head unit £300-£400

Front components, around £80-100

Cant be bothered with rear speakers, probably disconnect the ones in there.

And a sub, probably 10", looking at alpine type-r, and an amp to run it.

Any one got any suggestions? Im also not good with installations, wanna get it fitted by someone else.

Alpine 9833 - the new alpine units do work with the display and stalk controls, not sure of part numbers required though

id spend more on the front comps as they are what you will essentially be listening to, but for that budget, you cant go wrong with the phoenix gold r5.0

good choice on the rear speakers, they are not needed

personally not a fan of alpine speakers, there are better, espcially in the sub market, find a sub you like, then match the rms rating, you will be there or there abouts, without a budget, its hard to suggest combinations (my ideal set-up would be Phase Linear Aliante 10si sub powered Audison LRx1.400, but you will be paying £££ for this)amp

Mondeo STTDCI

Ive a 4 way amp that drove the same set up on my system...lemme know if ur interested - Rockford 501x in custom box £150 ;)

There any difference between 9833 and 9835, or just the screen. If only screen, why is it so much more?

Cheers 4 the advice bambam. I like the sound of the alpine type-rs tho, but will have a look at others.

172 FF

Ive got a 9833, its a nice unit.
Ive got some Alpine speakers in the front, but not top of the range, I can see I might have to change them to Alpine SPX or maybe a different brand, Make sure you get something decent in the front. Hardest part about the fronts it taking the dash off to put the tweeters in.

Getting a custom made box for the boot from Auto Acoustics & I think Im dissconecting the rears too. Still not sure where Im gonna mount my Amp tho. I want to put it in the boot, but not take up any space. Any Ideas anyone?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

If your tight for space have a lok at the 10" Vibe active sub, which comes with the amp pre mounted in it. Ive got one and everyone seems to have been very impressed by it so far!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Do you mean the box or the vibe? The box is pretty expensive but the ones Ive seen are very well made. However between the 2 Id always go for the VIBE. Absolutly superb piece of kit foe what it cost.

Sorry, just seen one on caraudiodirect.com, and theyre £124.99. Is it the CBR10 that youve got? And is it punchy, because that is what I want. I dont want too deep bass, I want something thats punchy so you can feel it on your back, or chest!!!

172 FF

If you want punchy I would go for the Alpine S12. It kicks a nice flat base without the deep vibration.

I on the otherhand already have one & am wanting something a bit deeper.
But I was told a bigger box might change the sound also.

172 FF

Havent tried the Type R yet. Type S is a lower power & you can port the box on a TypeS. Not supposed to port a Type R for some reason.
I suppose it depends on how loud u want to go.