ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking into a Macro lens

Clio 1.2 16v
Been thinking of doing some Macro work for a while now and an unexpected bonus from work has sort of pushed this a long and i'm looking to make my purchase in the next day or so.

Got my eye set on either of these two lenses:

http://www.harrisoncameras.co.uk/Lenses/D-SLR-Lenses/Sigma-70mm-f28-EX-DG-Lens---Canon-Fit_SIG-270CAF.htm

http://www.harrisoncameras.co.uk/Le...on-EF-100mm-f28-Macro-USM-Lens_4657A011AA.htm

Im working with a crop sensored body (50D) so i'm swaying more towards the Sigma but just wondered if anyone had any experience with these lenses before I jumped in.

Thanks. Chris.

Clio 1.2 16v
So my lens family has grown slightly with the addition of the Canon 100mm:

img7422l.jpg

I spent a while last night on flickr looking through what feels like hundreds of images taken by each of the lenses discussed but this didn't really help, they all appear to be much of a muchness.

So today I called a local camera shop to see what was available to look at, the chap advised he didn't have a new Canon lens but received a part-ex one only yesterday and suggested I take a look - jumped in the car and paid the £2.80 to park in the City Centre for an hour and came home with what honestly looks like a brand new lens, also came with box and manual.

Not bothered to get the tri-pod and cable release out yet for some serious shots but heres 2 I got whilst messing around.

Sharpness would have been better if I didn't take this at a dodgy angle:
img7371.png

img7367.png

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Looks fantastic. I’d love a macro lens but I have other priorities for lenses and limited funds :/

What camera are you using?

Clio 1.2 16v
Thanks, I'm using a Canon 50D, had it for nearly 5 years now but never really used it in the past apart from the odd plane spotting.