ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to buy 182 but it has few problem's

Hi guys,
Im watching one Clio 182 to buy.
It has few fault codes.
Df057-lambda probe before catalytic converter
Df058-lambda probe after catalytic converter
Catalytic converter is removed from the car and faults are intermittent.
Df135-brake pedal sensor also intermittent fault
Df308-changeover valve for induction damper and this fault is present and it can't be erased.
Car has poor idling both cold and warm but it goes really nice once on the throttle.
Can you tell me why is this happening?
Can a decat cause faults on lambda?
And for what purpose is this changeover valve, is he to blame for bad idling?
I tried to find this on forums but i couldn't find a definite answer.

Best regards

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Be wary of the cost of some of these sensors. They are in an exposed, hot environment and if original - will be at least 14+ years old.

Although relatively easy to access - the likes of the upstream oxygen sensor alone is around £140-£150 mark, I believe?

Thanks for reply.
Could it be that lambda sensors have fault reading because there is no catalytic converter? And does anyone knows what is this changeover valve and can he affect idling?
Cheers

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Unless it's really cheap walk away, the cars usually have a pretty rough idle but if it's particularly bad it could mean the belt is a tooth out.

I'm in Belgrade, Serbia.
There isn't much of them available here.
Car really goes well. Past 5000 it really have a nice kick.