ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to buy a DCI

Hi,

Looking to buy a DCI can anybody tell me;

1.what one to go for

2.any problems people have had

3 can they be tuned and what is the best way

Many thanks...

dCi 100

I just bought a DCi 100 and I can confirm it is the dogs doodahs. Had it just over a week and I loooove him :)

MKIII 138

didnt think they did a 100hp DCI for the MKII ??? if so then maybe 125hp possible out of a tuning box and plenty more torque than a 172.

still if i were you id wait just 5-6months and along with yer common or garden 1.2 / 1.4 s there will be a brand new clio out with all the latest kit + styling and although it may be heavier than the current DCI it will probably be more tuneable maybe even a sport Diesel model out ?!?

Yaris Hybrid

I found even the DCI 80 felt pretty nippy when I had one as a courtesy car. Was a very pleasureable car to drive although it did have extra luxurys like climate control which might not be standard in the base models.

Dont see the point in tuning one though. I mean either enjoy the amazing fuel economy or buy a 182.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

i have the dci 80 and i had a tuning box in it and produced 96.2hp and 180lb/ft of torque

went really really well - quick off the mark, nippy and powerfull through the gears

but sadly it came to an end for some reason and i had to remove the tunning box

so once the car is sorted again i shall be going for a remap which should see me over the 100bhp mark but need to do some research first

get the dci100 if u can afford it - remap it (dont use a t-box) and u should be sitting on 120hp and with a system exhaust and panel filter maybe 124-5bhp :D

The main problem with the dci is you need Renault to fix every problem but its more reliable than the petrols.

Perosnally Id go for the 80 for the longer gears but there little in it. Unless you can get a cheap 100 in which case thats a good option.

The new Clio sport due next summer will be in sub 200hp petrol and a 140hp 1.9 liter dci.

Tunning depends on what you have but basically

65 gives 85hp with a chip/tunning box

80 gives 100hp with a chip/tunning box

100 gives 120hp with a chip/tunning box

Best way for tunning is a superchip but tunnoing boxes have there advantages.

Some people have had problems but its not that common.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Elle on 16 February 2005

I just bought a DCi 100 and I can confirm it is the dogs doodahs. Had it just over a week and I loooove him :)
its a him is it? What you call him?

I never think of my cars as male or female, or name them.... lol:oops:

MERCEDES CLS AMG

1.5 Dcis suffer from

1 - injectors blowing

2 - turbos blowing

Engine code is K9K - once they have hit about 50k this is when the problems start

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

ah sh*t thats near the end of the year for me then!!!! sh*te!

im on 31k after 14months!!!!

golf

When its in for a service the next time mate make sure they check the EGK valve! Thats what causes most of the problems. Am sure edde will be on here to confirm! :)