ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to join the Clio gang...

Hello guys, new here..

I currently own a Honda S2000 that is sublime, however it is unable to carry a mountain bike, and a bit pants on fuel. Out of all the cheapish cars I can think of, the clio fits the bill. It needs to be fun, it needs to do around 35mpg, it needs to carry a bike, etc.

I am looking to budget it around 3k for the clio, and I guess the 182 cup is the one to go for?

Shall keep an eye out on this fourm for all sorts of information over the next few weeks, but really just wanted to say Hello.

IMG_4448-1200px.jpg

(My baby)

work for BMW
i would much rather get a full fat 182 over a cup. They come with lots of extras you won't get on a cup

Listerine & Poledo
Cheers guys.. 182 "full fat" it is..

182 "full fat" has the less-nasty interior, but with bigger spoilers and firmer suspension.

'Cup' has all the spoilers and suspension, but an interior made in 1976

182 'standard' has the nicer interior, but smaller spoilers.

If it was my money, I'd keep the S2K and get a Fiesta Diesel on £30 tax as a "practical daily", but, well, it's not my money.

Should really clarify my situation,

Clio 182 would be my daily (replacement of s2k), as I also have a classic car project I dont want to give up. Effectively, the s2k, or a clio 182 would be my "practical daily" (s2k wouldn't be going if it took a mountain bike).

Am looking to do something like,

Sell s2k for £7.5k
£2.5k for tidyish 182
5k spare for classic bmw, and cocaine, fantastic bit of cash for insurance, parts, tax, etc

whilst retaining a fun daily car, or infact one that is slightly better daily (182) when travelling on the motorway, etc

For Thomas..
11010923883_749610ba67_b.jpg

11010679074_a3ace4d697_b.jpg

And one of my reasons for change :boring: 1987 rust bucket, 3.5L turbo!

IMG_2425.JPG

Well guys.. I'm back and looking for a clio 182! Ended up buying a Passat diesel estate, and then a pretty mad alfa 159 2.4 jtdm running near 300hp as a diesel!!

Sent a message to Dan182Clio on here regarding his. Looks very tidy. So we shall see.
Still have the Honda.

22690762481_e8aedde120_b.jpg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Well guys.. I'm back and looking for a clio 182! Ended up buying a Passat diesel estate, and then a pretty mad alfa 159 2.4 jtdm running near 300hp as a diesel!!

Sent a message to Dan182Clio on here regarding his. Looks very tidy. So we shall see.
Still have the Honda.

22690762481_e8aedde120_b.jpg

Welcome mate. Keep us posted when you get one :up: