ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

looks like another cups dead.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Sorry to hear what's happened you'll be back on your feet in no time pushing pedal to the metal

FF cupped Arctic 182
Gutted for ya :dapprove:

Where did that happen ? Like has been said get that claim in - Bet you cant sleep for the stress and pain in your back :S

Megane Trophy, Golf
Gutted for ya :dapprove:

Where did that happen ? Like has been said get that claim in - Bet you cant sleep for the stress and pain in your back :S

Junction 29 coming off the motorway, im going to the doctors for my neck on monday cos its really painfull :(

FF cupped Arctic 182
take it you'll not be at olde house sat then ?

lay it on thick at the docs, I was scared to go in a car for ages when someone once ran into the back of me ;)

Megane Trophy, Golf
Picture 011.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

This is the damage! Does anyone think they will write it off or repair? (all underneath is crumpled up in boot)

FF cupped Arctic 182
Depends what damage is under that external crunch at a guess.

When I got rear ended in my ickle 1.4 clio, it was only really cosmetic new rear bumper and something else (can't remember) but even that came to £800.

Ad

MK2 FRS
my 182 needed rear slam pannel, one light, bumper, boot floor was pulled and boot sprayed and renault wanted £1400.

youll be need a boot floor and a boot lid, pluse some plastics.. so probably closer to £2500 from what can see on the pics. car is worth 5.5k probably...

**and after your other post id say, deffo a total loss....

Last edited:
  MKIII 138
but also.. many have been slid off roads in winter.

so ABS works on ice on does it?

bloody hell its good this ABS technology lark, apparently it even stops cars running into the back of you!!!!

......and here's me thinking it just allows you to steer whilst hard braking without locking a wheel. Silly me.

Cups dont slide off the road in winter, or crash due to no ABS, its to do with the DRIVER being a tool, and driving too fast for the conditions. ABS will not save you on ice if your going too fast. Ever.

who said anything about ABS you onion ?

the cup is lighter and has a wider track

Clio 172 mk2

bloody hell its good this ABS technology lark, apparently it even stops cars running into the back of you!!!!

......and here's me thinking it just allows you to steer whilst hard braking without locking a wheel. Silly me.

Cups dont slide off the road in winter, or crash due to no ABS, its to do with the DRIVER being a tool, and driving too fast for the conditions. ABS will not save you on ice if your going too fast. Ever.

who said anything about ABS you onion ?

the cup is lighter and has a wider track

Onion lol

Sorry to see those pics of the damage:(

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If the insurance want to write it off...remove ;) the blanking plates on the front bumper, I'd be interested...make a few quid out of your loss! :quiet:

If the chassis is buggered, then they'll prob write it off...they did it to Chris's Cup, and that was hit by a glass fibre bonnet that came off someone else's car!

MINI JCW
but also.. many have been slid off roads in winter.

Spot on, more cups get wrote off due to the type of people (probably more stupid or more enthusiastic) that buy them

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Ahhh mate, thats a truly sorry sight...feel bad for you. i never like seeing a Cup disfigured!

Gutting when its not you to blame either.

Mountune Tractor

Spot on, more cups get wrote off due to the type of people (probably more stupid or more enthusiastic) that buy them

FF drivers must have more skill as you don't hear about as many getting written off on here.

I'm joking I'm joking! FF and Cup drivers are all equal ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Oh please god don't start that old row off again!

We all know the FF lot are big girls blouses.....whoops:quiet:

AGAIN IM KIDDING!!

Mountune Tractor
we better stop this Ollie or we are going to get a pasting for starting another ff/cup thread off! lol! Funny as f**k though :lolup:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Its way too small Brian....no one will see that from so far up the road...unless its you behind me of course.

In the C4S i may add....