ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Losing my virginity with plenty of pics

Clio MK1 1.2
Well not quite what you all expected but I poped my track cherry on Wednesday at Llandow... Awesome circuit just demanding on the tires even with only 1.2 power :p

It was wet all day so I got uber understeer but that didn't stop me going stupidly quick through the corners...

5471693503_8dcb4eb426_z.jpg

It did actually handle like poopoo so next job is alloys and springs :D

And I was suicidal into the corners... I did nearly roll

SAM_0606.jpg

and heres a video of my epic cornering... go from 4:00

5472287298_3256b53251_b.jpg

and I got on two wheels at one point... heres me on three :p

179852_1883211279060_1204696573_32317033_4575345_n  .jpg

5472297338_b91d914745_b.jpg

And finally tires :p

182446_1883931417063_1204696573_32317766_1606300_n  .jpg

After this eventful day I have decided I need a 50mm drop alloys and a sports exhaust :D

People laugh at my little car but in that I can have a lot of fun

Last edited by a moderator:
  big boost cup
Re: Loosing My Virginity With Plenty Of Pics

that video was quality glad you had a good day out. big shame on the thread title

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo

Looks like epic fun, if I took my 1.2 on a track it would fall to pieces!

Megane 225 F1

LOL I skipped to 4 mins and thought that your car was the car that the camera was in. I was shocked at how quick it was....and then I saw it come up behind yours ;)

Clio MK1 1.2

LOL I skipped to 4 mins and thought that your car was the car that the camera was in. I was shocked at how quick it was....and then I saw it come up behind yours ;)

You'll be surprised stripes can add a lot of power ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

PMSL. Banner pic.

5472297338_b91d914745_b.jpg

I've edited the thread title so you look like you can spell.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
LOL @ banner pic.

You fried those tyres but not surprised given how much you appear to be failing in all of those pics haha.

If it's understeering, more lock is not going to help turn in. Decent tyres should be on your list (along with some track tuition). Can't imagine alloys will be much lighter than those 14" steelies ?!

Coilovers are needed, unless you're going for hard springs, but the dampers will need replacing (if they don't already!) soon after.

Glad you had fun ! :approve:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just watched the vid. Not sure what was funnier.. the lads giggling, or the impending fail of the striped beast in front ! :rasp:

I forgot how much Llandow sucks. Spent WAY too much time there with Uni doing mega interesting things like testing the LoCust PoS they had. It was also normally raining too haha !

Got to give you respect for that, looks like one barrel load of fun. I'm sittin here LOLing at the pics, superb.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant. Looks like you had a fun introduction.

Well done on the track ettiquette by the way. Not many first timers move over and indicate so readily as they all tend to think they're invincible.

Echo the above comments though...less lock required, and a bit of tuition and you'd be quicker...and still able to drive home on the tyres afterwards.

Excellent vid and pics. The guy laughing in the vid .......Priceless

Some firmer suspension maybe an idea

LOL! I always laughed when I came up to this car on track (in a good way!)

You were certainly giving it hell in the corners, I did worry it was going to roll on a few occasions!

Si

RS Clio 172
LOVE it. Big respect for you.

I know a guy who was on this day iirc? Black S2 Rallye.

edit: that's his video! haha.

Last edited:
  ITB'd MK1
Gaz showed me some vids when he was behind you in his valver. I'll try to find them

edit..first few seconds is the best bit, lol!!

Last edited by a moderator: