ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

loss of bhp in 12 months

clio 172 luna speedl
i've had the car for 5 years and still love it. had it on the rolling road 10 maybe 12 months ago and it was standard. seviced but standard

10/12 month ago: 171.4 bhp @ 6717rpm 139.4 ib ft @5879rpm (standard)

since then ive played around with a few things:
ktec mk2 stelth exhaust with decat
Ph1 air box with itg panel filter
matched inlets
rs tuner

this was on the same rolling road to as its just down the road from me!

the car feels great and still happy but rolling road time come and got this:

167.9 bhp @6488rpm 146.5 ib ft @ 5592

so gained some torgues but lost bhp i was thinkin of gettin 5/6 bhp but didnt
any ideas?
could it be the exhaust or the rstuner or is this what i should of got out of all this?

thanks

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Different day, different condition, different fuel, etc etc etc. Any number of things, rr results mean nowt in that context.

53 Clio's & counting
Hmm, had anything else done in between? Cambelt?
that torque fignure std comes in very high, normally a bit lower rpm than that

clio 172 luna speedl
it has had a timing belt mate but all timed up with renault timing gear. also forgot to add maybe it could be dephaser pulley?

Put it this way, i had mine rr the other day and my cup pulled 161.3bhp with matched inlets and jms induction setup, then after a custom remap it pulled 171.4bhp, feels so much quicker than standard and pulls alot harder throughout the gears, dont be dissappointed with the results it means nothing