ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lossing compression

hi another problem wid the 182 :mad: its like theres no compression as if there a blockage if i put my hand over the rear pipes and rev it theres no pressure but makes a wierd buzzing noise from the engine from 3000 rpm any ideas ??? thanks

Black 197
No idea about the buzzing im afraid but surely if you had no compression the engine wouldnt run ? Low pressure out the exhaust could indicate you got a leak from somewhere as my 182's standard exhaust puts out a fair bit of pressure even on idle... Best to get it clipped up and see if you got any fault codes in the ECU..
some faults wont set the management light off so could be stored without you knowing

Honda ATR
Sounds like an odd one, is there no exhaust gasses coming out? if you put your hands over dose the pressure build up and start leaking from somewere else? If not possibly a blocked cat but i cant see that happening.