ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost key. Plus alarm not working

Morning,

Yesterday was an absolute nightmare. Started off OK, took a drive down to the mountains, walked aroung some alpine lake getting a nice suntan, all very nice. Then we took out a boat and it started to go wrong. Cant be sure it was then but baheid here managed to lose the car key. :( It was only a small town so we asked all the shops, hotels etc on the way back to the car but no joy.

Got back to the car and it wasnt lying around there either so went over to the car park attendant and asked if I could use his phone. Phoned the ADAC(German AA equivalent) and they said they would be there in an hour but would only take the car to the nearest train station, not all the way home. :mad: Guessed it was better than nothing.

Anyway, the boy came and opened the car in about 3 seconds :eek: so we could get the house keys out. :cool: He put a little plastic wedge into the top of the door, then fed in what looked like a blood pressure thing and started blowing it up. The top of the door moved away from the body and he had a big bag of different attachments to stick through and pull the handle.

So then he lifts the car up onto the trailer with some sort of pulley attached to the front of the car. After letting the handbrake off of course!! He took us to the train station, dropped the car off the trailer, locked the car again (which was a hell of a lot more difficult than breaking in!!) and left us to make our way home. 2 hours each way later, we were back at the same place and took the car back home. :D

Anyway, enough background info, stop laughing please!!! How much does a new key cost? And what do they need from me to get one?

Secondly, why the funk did the alarm never go off during any of the breaking in or towing?

Thnx

Sorry, couldnt help laughing! Hard luck! And sorry I dont have a clue why your alarm didnt work. Youve cheered me up with that story though!

Glad you liked it!! Got to see the funny side really. Funniest bit was the car park attendant explaining to my girlfriend in Bavarian why the big fat old guy that got out the large 7 series BMW dripping with shaky gold bracelets had bought his teenage girlfriend breast implants coz she had a nice figure but something was missing!!!

Oh, and how he got arrested one time for hiring a boat in Tenerife and parking it just off shore from a nudist beach and sitting with a pair of binoculars watching people!! :p

He even left us in charge of the car park for 10 minutes while he went to get some beer!! Just jumped in his car and said if the phone rings answers it and if anyone wants to park tell them it should be 3 Euros but because its afetr 5 youll do them an offer for €2!!

If its a mk 1 172 the key part number is 7701046796 £73.15 - blade 7701387010 £12.32, these plip keys have to be ordered fron France and take 4 days. If its a mk 2 the plip number is 8200067907 £21.69 / blade 7701387010 £12.32 - these keys are blank and dealers keep them in stock. You will need the immobiliser code which the dealer will be able to get of the ICM link to Renault. It could possibly be on the 1st page of your service history booklet. This key can be programmed in there and then whilst you wait - takes about half an hour. They usually charge about £30 labour to do this. All prices will be + vat.