ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost Locking Wheel Nut!!!

Renault Clio Sport 172
AS the title says really, my friend has lost his locking wheel nut and whats to know how much or how abuot getting them off incase of a flat tyre?!?!

HE wasn't to change them for another set of locking wheel nuts but is worried about driving about at the moment as unable to get them off without the locking wheel nut!!

Any help or suggestions it will be great!!

Renault Clio Sport 172
Tom- Where would he need to order a new key from? He has only just brought his car and the locking wheel nuts came with it and within a week he has lost it!! lol

So he has no idea on where they were first from etc... and ideas??

I stuffed my rubbish wheel nuts up....so my friend got a slightly smaller socket...and
bashed it on with a hammer...then just used the wrench to undo them.

I stuffed my rubbish wheel nuts up....so my friend got a slightly smaller socket...and
bashed it on with a hammer...then just used the wrench to undo them.

x2 i used the same methord to remove my mums ones a few weeks back to change tyres after she lost the socket to take them off

whats the point in locking wheel nuts when its so easy to take them off with say that tool above?

haha was just thinking the same - A thief isnt gunna wanna be banging around with a hammer etc and taking about 20 mins to do each wheel so generally they work

Renault Clio Sport 172
Thanks people ill get him to a set!! You are right if these are easily available what is the point of hvaing locking wheel nuts but, i suppose it does put off the oppertunitist from trying to nick your wheels etc...

Glanza V
put a socket on and bray them off and buy a new set easy way i recon thats what i did only cost about £20 from halfords!!

I got some good ones from GSF only about £15 and they are much better than the poopy
crooklock ones..that have 3 small holes on the inside.
My new ones have a funny shape around the edge...much better imo