ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lots of problems - oh dear

2005 Clio 182
I have recently bought a 2005 182 Cup.

It has problems.

I don't think my dephaser pulley is on it's way out as it doesn't sound like a transit, at least not very loudly at all, but I don't know if it sounds normal. What is a 182 meant to sound like normally? Does anybody have a clip of one idling?

My exhaust is blowing after fitting a new gasket and bolts to the downpipe/cat.

My O/S front brake rotor has worn on the inside by about a millimetre.

I believe I witnessed two small drops of fluid hit the ground whilst working underneath the car, from the rear of the engine bay. Upon closer inspection of what I thought were the droplets I had witnessed, I found what appeared to be a spit-like substance. As if somebody had just spat on the ground. It was exactly like that. I couldn't see anything under the bonnet.

My O/S driveshaft needs replaced but that is happening in the morning.

I think once any work I need to do is done, I'll be selling it and putting a deposit onto a 197 if my finance is accepted.

I am not a happy bunny and feel like my car is going to s**t it out on me. Can somebody maybe just say it's not going to be as bad as I think.

And can somebody else buy my car...:approve:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dephaser, Worn brakes, air con pipe condensation (possibly) and a bodge of an exhaust gasket....

I've got to be honest, it's not the end of the world is it.

Wait til you buy a 197 and it needs new hubs a manifold and the gearbox lunches itself, then you'll know about problems!

182 ff
they are loud on idling.. mine was until I put miller race/high speed oil in..for some reason now its quieter ,,
when they 1st come out, I took one out for a test drive, sales man started it up, sounding like a diesel ..
if your getting a 197 ,try get as much as you can part ex .
not sure what the fluid is, might just be condensation from your exhaust that's not fitted correctly.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
I'd be happy having the problems you've mentioned above considering some of the dramas I've had. All easily repairable.

2005 Clio 182
Dephaser, Worn brakes, air con pipe condensation (possibly) and a bodge of an exhaust gasket....

I've got to be honest, it's not the end of the world is it.

Wait til you buy a 197 and it needs new hubs a manifold and the gearbox lunches itself, then you'll know about problems!

Fair point. I just feel like it's the beginning of a whole host of problems. Can the possible AC condensation be remedied? The gasket will have to cope with being filled with whatever it was I used to successfully seal it before. I was just exhausted from having to contort myself around underneath the car on the jackstands.

Houdini would have had issues...

Car will be up for sale at £​2100 when all is remedied. It's an '05 182 Cup in silver with anthracite Superleggeras and a Scorpion exhaust. If anybody knows anybody who may know anybody who's interested then throw them my way:hail:.

Thanks for the words people!