ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud squeeky noise

This noise seems to happen only when the car is at full lock turning left.The noise seems to be coming from the right hand side of the car and is pretty disturbing!! Its a 172 sport with 40,000miles on the clock.Its been off the road for maybe 2 months and somebody told me to lubricate the bushes but this didnt work it seems!!Any ideas? Cheers

Not a Clio

PS belt slipping? Air in the PS system?

WOuld expect it to happen on full lock both ways though.

Not a Clio

air in the system can give a grinding type noise but other than that i dont know.

Im sure someone else will have more ideas.

:) Ive plenty of time!!! Rang the dealers and they told me either the anti roll bushes or the shock is gone,hope thats all it is!! Having it off the road didnt do it any favours I guess!!

I have a brand new 182 that makes this squeak on full lock from the front right. Seems to be random / depend on the temperature too.

no one seems to have a clue!

Si.

Got the problem sorted guys!! Took the brake pad off and sanded it down a bit and it solved the problem!!No more creaking noise!!!