ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lovely 182 at bargain price :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Been trying to sell that for a while now. For such a rare colour it begs the question, whats wrong with it (bar the gash wheels).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmmm, not a great car to buy, Cat C, white wheels and a hard colour to non enthusiast. Give me a straight 182 instead.

Matt please don't assume all written off cars are repaired badly.

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  S'trollin on size 7s
that isnt acually a standard renault colour is it ,surely!?
apart from it been hideous colour and gash wheels the fact its a Cat C will put people well off.
but as said doesnt neccessarily mean its been repaired badly at all.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's Petrol Blue mate, option on the 182. Can't remember exactly how many there are.

Looks good in the sun.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  172 5HED
its a scrap insurance repaired job, worth £1500 quid at the most, cat c also so the worst of damage and it has plastered all over the logbook; substantially damaged repaired/ heavy smashed:eek::eek::eek:; a big downer when you decide to sell it on

Wrong! I buy cat C and D cars, thats the assumption most make!

I could have needed two airbags and a bit of body work, to pay dealer prices that makes it in uneconomical repair. If the cost of repair outweighs the book price for the car it'll be put on a C.

If the cost is near to or just under it generally goes on D.

I would think the cost of the paintwork involved with this colour would have contributed to the "C".

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  S'trollin on size 7s
i used to own a 106 ski in a pretty similar colour, looked good in the sun,otherwise it wasnt all that nice.
i just dont think it suits that clio though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
29 of them Galster, and you are correct, in the sun it's one of the best colours!

Cheers mate. Nice and rare.

I could have needed two airbags and a bit of body work, to pay dealer prices that makes it in uneconomical repair. If the cost of repair outweighs the book price for the car it'll be put on a C.

I would think the cost of the paintwork involved with this colour would have contributed to the "C".

He just spouts crap Kev.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
Hmmm, not a great car to buy, Cat C, white wheels and a hard colour to non enthusiast. Give me a straight 182 instead.

Matt please don't assume all written off cars are repaired badly.

mate i didnt say it was a bodge repair but that most cat c's r heavy smashed

and they have that "substantially damaged repaired/ heavy smashed" plastered on the logbook which is a massive put off point

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +

they usually actually mostly always put the heavy smashed cars on the c, i bet this had some serious damage; roof kinked etc...

i like the quote he's mentioned by the "previous owner"; was advised by its owner of light panel damage!!!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
mate i didnt say it was a bodge repair but that most cat c's r heavy smashed

and they have that "substantially damaged repaired/ heavy smashed" plastered on the logbook which is a massive put off point

they usually actually mostly always put the heavy smashed cars on the c, i bet this had some serious damage; roof kinked etc...

i like the quote he's mentioned by the "previous owner"; was advised by its owner of light panel damage!!!!

Do your work in the repair industry at all?

When was the last time you seen a log book with anything plastered over it? I've never.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  172 5HED

I'm not going to debate it mate..... as I said, I buy a few here and there.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Due to the paint alone and it's a three stage pearl like liquid yellow, if you have to do any body repairs it will need a full respray as it is so difficult to match. That is why it could be a Cat C as it would not be economically viable to repair as 182 prices have tumbeled and the repairs are probably more than half the value of the car. Having said that it is still a bit pricey.

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Ph1 ITB'd 172
Do your work in the repair industry at all?

When was the last time you seen a log book with anything plastered over it? I've never.

Yea a Cat C is noted on the Log book actually.. its about the only thing he said that i'd agree with though. I'll take a photo of one of mine when I get home and posted it up for you.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The roof wouldn't have been kinked. It will have 'substancially damaged' on the logbook however i would expect that this would have been very minor damage, the problem being you will NEVER match that colour, probably had a full respray, that car will be an absolute bargain for someone.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
The roof wouldn't have been kinked. It will have 'substancially damaged' on the logbook however i would expect that this would have been very minor damage, the problem being you will NEVER match that colour, probably had a full respray, that car will be an absolute bargain for someone.

cat c's r very very rarely MINOR DAMAGED!!! hence why he aint sold it and wont ever sell it for £3.3k when you can buy a fully mint/ hpi clear one for the same price & then no history and guarantee with mileage,. which could mean its been wound back a few thou as the salvage auctions dont offer any guarantee on mileage!!!

you defo dont need to respray the whole car just to paint a wing for example; thats ridiculous

note he aint mentioned it states extensive smashed on logbook which will put 99.9% of potential buyers, doubt its worth over £1.8k if he can find a buyer

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +

how do you know the roof aint been smashed? insurance companies dont put cars on a cat c unless there extensive smashed hence why its slapped on the logbook= SERIOUS DECREASE in value 30/40% if ur lucky to find any buyer

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Ph1 ITB'd 172
Matt you don't have talk some crap... I have bought many Cat C's in the past that haven't been that bad (direct from a salvage auction!)

The different categories are nothing do to with the amount of damage its purely based on the cost of repair vs the value of the car. If a 1995 clio has a door dinged and its worth £200 it will be written off as a Cat C due to the repair costs being alot more than the value of the car!

A photo of a log book of a Cat C though...

IMG_0217.gif

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
lol ,my 182 must of been a absolute bargain i bought my 182 for £2200 , the bodywork is mint on it as well , 90k miles , £2000 worth of mods as well , lots of k tec goodies

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I dont always agee with Matt- & i dont agree with his price just because its Cat C- however its got no service history-

Lets say at best that the cat C car is worth about £3000 V the same non salvage car on ~ £4750 then the fact of zero service history does account for a furthe price reduction-

I would estimate thats worth around 2250

I also dont class it as a bargain- a bargain is something that is cheap V the actual value of something, it isnt paying low money for something that is actually only worth peanuts

S

Steve

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  S4 Avant
There's some misinformed opinions flying around this thread, mainly from the usual suspect.

I'd rather buy my car being a Cat C but having a fantastic service history, rolling road readouts, and a massive collection of documents/photos detailing everything the car has been through; than some eBay s**tter with 3 sentences saying the car iz well fast and got to sell cus the missus is preggerz.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD
There's some misinformed opinions flying around this thread, mainly from the usual suspect.

I'd rather buy my car being a Cat C but having a fantastic service history, rolling road readouts, and a massive collection of documents/photos detailing everything the car has been through; than some eBay s**tter with 3 sentences saying the car iz well fast and got to sell cus the missus is preggerz.

Loads of people on here getting their "fantasticaly bargain 182s" then whenever they post up the advert all appear to be ebays shitters. Myself however would never buy a cat c, no idea why, just wouldn't.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  S4 Avant
Myself however would never buy a cat c, no idea why, just wouldn't.

You and everyone else unfortunately, hence why mine isn't particularly sellable, yet in a better mechanical condition that a lot of others. (I might have made that word up)

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Ph1 ITB'd 172
You and everyone else unfortunately, hence why mine isn't particularly sellable, yet in a better mechanical condition that a lot of others. (I might have made that word up)

I'd say it depends on your price... you'd be surprised a lot of people want a 182 but can quite afford one so an accident damaged one it a cheaper way to get one, in theory you buy it cheaper you sell it cheaper,

I have a 182 thats a CAT D and a 172 thats a CAT C. I buy my cars generally direct from the auction before they are repaired to so I know they are repaired properly and when I sell them on I sell them on in the knowledge that I have done a good job on them.

I wouldn't expect any more than £3000 for my 182 but its very good condition.

The main devaluation is due to the fact lot of people started doing this and instead of fitting replacement airbags etc. they wouldn't they would just put resistors in or rewire the light up to something else. I know the clios inside out and upside down so I do everything properly. Many don't though!

Dave88... From what I have read in the past you owned your car before the accident if i'm right and you bought it from the insurance company you were insuraned with? Can I ask when this was and how much you paid? Feel free to keep it to yourself if you wish I won't be insulted and please don't be that I asked. (I understand some people don't want to disclose information like that sometimes)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  S4 Avant
Dave88... From what I have read in the past you owned your car before the accident if i'm right and you bought it from the insurance company you were insuraned with? Can I ask when this was and how much you paid? Feel free to keep it to yourself if you wish I won't be insulted and please don't be that I asked. (I understand some people don't want to disclose information like that sometimes)

Erm, nope! I've never crashed it as such, bought it from the salvage yard

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Ph1 ITB'd 172
Erm, nope! I've never crashed it as such, bought it from the salvage yard

Ah I see got the wrong end of that one then. What I was trying to determine was has the car (not including running costs of course) cost you more than you think its was worth when you finished it?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
lol ,my 182 must of been a absolute bargain i bought my 182 for £2200 , the bodywork is mint on it as well , 90k miles , £2000 worth of mods as well , lots of k tec goodies

yeah if ur cars hpi clear it has a value, with the cat c or d scrappers its what the seller thinks its worth, which is 99.9% of the time double what anyone will pay LOL

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
I also dont class it as a bargain- a bargain is something that is cheap V the actual value of something, it isnt paying low money for something that is actually only worth peanuts

Steve

100% agree, when cars on the salvage hitlist its worth peanuts unless its autoligned, which you can say its been professionaly repaired

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  172 5HED
You spout sh*t in every single "for sale" thread under the sun?

Then get arsey whenever some one calls you up on it.

LOL, including questioning the opinions of people who buy cat D and C cars like me and a couple of others trying to paint an accurate picture on this thread... Lets just agree with him, clearly I dont know what I'm talking about like the rest of us...

Now that last cat C car I sold that just needed a bumper and a bonnet.... hmmm... what was that all about then? Hardly substantial!

Status
Not open for further replies.