ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lovely Supra :) 56k no way!

trophy
If I didnt need to use my car for work everyday id have this in a heartbeat! Quite expensive to run I suppose but I love the look and spec of this one. Manual too!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1475595.htm

1475595-1.jpg

1475595-1.jpg

1475595-3.jpg

1475595-4.jpg

1475595-5.jpg

1475595-6.jpg

1475595-7.jpg

1475595-8.jpg

trophy
Could do with a bit of a detail in the engine bay, but I would put up with that! 400bhp mild tune as well :)

trophy
I know they arent the best handling machines in the world but i've always loved the look of them and they are great to tune

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I know they arent the best handling machines in the world but i've always loved the look of them and they are great to tune

who told you that? supras handle good you just gotta remember its a big heavy car so you need to know how to drive it... stepping out of a fwd 1** bhp clio in to something that is prob double the weight with more than double the power, its not going to be like driving the same car lol...

SupraBuxted8.jpg

Supra04.jpg

i15396.jpg

girl on fduk owned that, modded it herself... its a GZ Twin Turbo BPU Aero top Supra, manual too... pretty much the rarest best model you can get... none of the replica or "style" parts like the top one either... she now owns a fd3 rx7...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
are the aero tops rare as you never see them about, shame she has no taste in wheels

trophy
I like the front bumper on the aerotop, but not much else. And the handling isnt its best asset given its weight....

Turbos.
Sorry but the aero top looks awful, especially with a rear spoiler. Like seeing NSX targas, they make me cry!

The only modified Supras i see are replicas of that one in F&TF! Either bright orange or gree with that stupid wing/pointed finger thing!

I was once in Brighton though and saw a Supra meet and there were a few nice ones. Basically, slammed on wide wheels and de-spoiled is the look to go for. Same with the RX7s really.

M2 Competition
Sorry but the aero top looks awful, especially with a rear spoiler. Like seeing NSX targas, they make me cry!

The only modified Supras i see are replicas of that one in F&TF! Either bright orange or gree with that stupid wing/pointed finger thing!

I was once in Brighton though and saw a Supra meet and there were a few nice ones. Basically, slammed on wide wheels and de-spoiled is the look to go for. Same with the RX7s really.

62556-1029074.jpg

0207_sccp_01_z+1993_toyota_supra_twin_turbo+rear_view.jpg

Spoilered, but pretty nice;

DSC_7284.jpg

Last edited:
  Integra Type-R DC2
Love Supras so much. Decked and de-spoilered it deffinatley the best look for them.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
My mates Dad has a UK model, white, 1996, Manual Turbo which he bought himself from new and only has 38k on the clock, completed standard.

He is 65 and said he will never sell it. It's a great example.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tbh the auto box is prob the best auto box in any car! its stupidly strong and you can make it shift when you want...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Autos are for diesels and old ppl ;)

clearly never driven a supra auto then... for 150 quid you can turn them in to steering wheel sequentials... and it works really well... the supra isnt a car to rag the hell out of the gears, the auto works REALLY REALLY well in it, alot of people say its the best auto box made.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
this was for sale about a year ago, i would of lovedddd to buy it if i had a spare 10k, manual uk spec in black, nothing to crazy bodykit wise ( id lose the bonnet vent tho):approve::evil:
196886-1.jpg

196886-2.jpg

196886-3.jpg

196886-6.jpg

196886-4.jpg

Clio 200
guy a knows supra still up for sale as far as i know.

full retrim in bentley leather and painted candy apple red. love it.

supra5.jpg

supra4.jpg

supra2.jpg

supra.jpg

supra3.jpg

Evo 6, E92 320d
Is there a massive difference between th uk and jap versions? As i can get a silly cheap insurance quote on a uk model (less than the clio by a few hundred) but the jap is double the price.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Is there a massive difference between th uk and jap versions? As i can get a silly cheap insurance quote on a uk model (less than the clio by a few hundred) but the jap is double the price.

UK cars are of a higher spec

Top of my head.. better fuel pump, bigger brakes

I'm sure it has more than that, just can't remember :p

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
196886-2.jpg
that bonnet vent was standard on some uk specs...

uk spec might have better spec but jap one is faster.

ValverInBits
clearly never driven a supra auto then... for 150 quid you can turn them in to steering wheel sequentials... and it works really well... the supra isnt a car to rag the hell out of the gears, the auto works REALLY REALLY well in it, alot of people say its the best auto box made.

But theres no clutch? It's just not right. It's not a car anymore, just a glorified go-cart.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
UK cars are more powerful, standard.

326bhp vs. 280bhp. That was the maximum output in Japan at the time, although I doubt it was adhered to.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
same as gtr's were supposedly limited to 280... except most are well over 300...

182 Cup

I was looking at buying a Supra before I bought the Clio. A friend of a friend was a Toyota senior technition who came to look over a few cars with me - he advised me to buy an auto too due to how good the box is.