ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lovin' The 182........

R

rich[182]

My first impressions after changing my full fat Mk2 172 of 3 years to the below cup packed 182

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165639

Firstly, I didn't think of it as an upgrade, main reason for swap was simply the 172 nearly out of warranty and wanted to sell it before silly miles

Main plus for me is the massive difference in handling, I'm really surprised at the difference. Car feels more planted and stable, in/out of roundabouts so much better, How much of this is down to comparing with a 3yr old 172 with 38k miles I don't know, but vast improvement anyway

Clutch feels a lot lighter, steering feels a fair bit heavier, more precise & pinpoint, engine and gearbox don't feel tight either even after only 3.3k miles in 11 months

Exhaust note maybe slightly better at idle but the 172 louder on throttle, dunno why (this will get sorted though ;))

Interior - I actually prefer the 172's seatbelts, alcantara trim and carbon look facia inserts, as well as the door sill plates, but the 182 isn't a problem, just one of those things I can definitely live with

Alloys - Really love the anthracites and the 205's Exalto's, look great on Titanium car

1st & 2nd gear don't feel as urgent, with the kick in 2nd gear "feeling" more muted, however 3rd,4th and 5th definitely feel better than my 172, especially throttle response and pickup from low rpm, pulls stronger in 5th thats for sure

Parting with my 172 wasn't easy, but I'm loving the 182, the handling is so much better and I love the tailpipes and alloys, makes the trip to & from work a pleasure tbh

No regrets, Holding off any mods until Easter when it has it's 12k service and fully synth oil, looking at ITG panel filter and Prospeed cat-back, possibly Inlet Manifold & remap, Eibach springs, clear bulbs, uprated pads and maybe lines

Not had much time to clean car but got the CS tax disc holder and CS sticker to put on, and remove the Elf window sticker

If it helps me get up to look forward to a 45 mins drive to work that's gotta be a good thing :approve:

tiTTy & SV650
cool, it'll loosen up, 1st in a 182 is longer than the 172 iirc so u should notice a difference in gearing.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to hear you like your 182.

I'm thinking of changing my MK2 172 and getting a 182 with cup packs or a clio trophy, as mines fast approacing 60K and would like something with much lower millage.

R

rich[182]

Fletch123 said:
Glad to hear you like your 182.

I'm thinking of changing my MK2 172 and getting a 182 with cup packs or a clio trophy, as mines fast approacing 60K and would like something with much lower millage.

^ Theres a 55 plate Titanium with both cup packs 7k miles and RECAROS for a shade over £10k on autotrader.........tempted ?

R

rich[182]

Anyone else gone from a full fat 172 to cup packed 182 ? theres a lot of 172's been sold recently, just curious

Megane Mk4
I used to have a mk1 172 in iceberg. Went from that to a 182.. (full fat without any cup options)

I must admit my 172 was skittish around corners as I couldn't throw it round them like I can the 182. The 172 felt a little faster, might be because of it having more miles and the engine feeling more "run in". Mines starting to loosen up now so it's not feeling so slow, but I have to admit even though mine is newer, and can be chucked about a bit more...

I Miss my old 172. :(

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I love my 182, but i sometime wish it was spec'd with those recaro's....Keep thinking about changing to a less mileage model, in black, with cup packs and recaro's, but then thought that i would never buy another Clio... rattle too much!

Tyson.