ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low mileage 172 Cup £14,999 on ebay

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that mileage what are you going to do with it?

Sit on it and hope you make a return in a marketplace so unpredictable at the moment. Used car prices are at an all-time high because of a shortage of new cars, but that bubble will slowly deflate rather than burst by next year. I'm sure all cars, clios included, are getting a leg up from that.

If you stick miles on it i suppose you can listen to the sound of depreciation as it sits on your drive.

In a world where we're either driving electric or hydrogen cars - not me i'll be long gone - who's going to buy a petrol car, let alone an old classic. Fuel is £1.50 + down south now, how long before it's £2.00 a litre?

And how many petrol stations will be converted to electric? Will you even be able to get the stuff?

The UK was home to 8,380 petrol stations in June 2021, according to Statista. There were 13,107 in 2000.

There's actually more public places to charge electric cars than there is petrol with more than 42,000 charge point connectors across the UK in over 15,500 locations. 7,000 charge point connectors were added in 2020 alone. Not all of these are great though.

I've already seen my local Tesco remove two diesel pumps already, i'm sure others have as well.

Wealthy collectors car maybe just for kicks. For the rest of us....not a chance.

I'd rather pay £5-6,000 for a higher mileage one and enjoy it while i can still afford the road tax and fuel.

If it sells then well done whoever you are 👏

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wealthy collectors car maybe just for kicks

That's about that sellers only hope at that price, although they would probably still be put off by the wheels 🤣

Saw it the other night as I've been keeping an eye on prices to try and work out how much to sell mine for.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's about that sellers only hope at that price, although they would probably still be put off by the wheels 🤣

Saw it the other night as I've been keeping an eye on prices to try and work out how much to sell mine for.
I could be wrong. Seen cars go for what I’d consider crazy money.

All you can do is put yours up for a price you feel it’s worth and let the market decide. Still quite a few scrappers around and the traders are still lurking in the shadows looking for a bargain.

If we weren’t on the cusp of a complete change in the car market, I’d be confident for the future of old petrol cars like this. I hope I’m wrong as I have 3 Clio Sports myself, but I just can’t see it.

npt

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW 320d- 172 cup
Seems crazy money for me as I'd use and abuse it, it all depends on how deep pockets people have, 15k to some folk in the car scene is peanuts tbh

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
This mine... One sold earlier this year for 15k which was on 26 thousands miles , thought id try my luck. Will come as original as they come. Replacent door badges. Turinis, ect.

No need for nasty comments.

One on 49k also went for 8k so .

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This mine... One sold earlier this year for 15k which was on 26 thousands miles , thought id try my luck. Will come as original as they come. Replacent door badges. Turinis, ect.

No need for nasty comments.

One on 49k also went for 8k so .

Why not put it on the turinis if you have them, if commanding such a price.

Those wheels looks crap on it imo and doesn't do the car justice.

Reactions: DrR

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
Why not put it on the turinis if you have them, if commanding such a price.

Those wheels looks crap on it imo and doesn't do the car justice.
I will be doing, I'm waiting for the tyres to be delivered. And yeah they're Purley just to move it on while the turinis got powdercoated

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
I will be doing, I'm waiting for the tyres to be delivered. And yeah they're Purley just to move it on while the turinis got powdercoated
In the middle of house extension , everything is a mess and busy

Attachments

• 1631738340194635740121936574413.jpg
    1631738340194635740121936574413.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 49

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn’t about used car prices.

This is aiming at a different market where it’s collector car prices. Agree or not with the perceived value it doesn’t follow the same trend.

Classic minis, beetles, golf GTI, 205 GTI etc.

All been going up for years. Low milage examples being sought out but even average examples get a bump. That all happened while used cars were trading normally for the last 15-20 years.

I do agree on the fuel point though. I’ve got a few older cars. My classic mini in particular makes me worry that given the amount of money I’ve chucked at it that it’s value will decline as petrol becomes less readily available.

I think the decline in petrol stations you cite is a bit misleading though. Most of those would be small village petrol stations. Certainly the trend here. Also more charging points. Yes but they don’t set fuel pumps up in car parks that take 8hrs to fill your tank either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R

Fair play for listing it for more than any c**t ever paid for a Cup (new) in 2002/03 - surely waiting until the Turini’s were painted would have been better for the advert?

On a side note - should have done the wheels silver, if you’re peddling originality, go original.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M140i
Im gonna buck the trend here and say that, once the pics are up with the Turinis, it will go. Id bet £50 it will go at that price too.

It will get tucked away in some collectors garage only to see day light a few times a year no doubt :(

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
Im gonna buck the trend here and say that, once the pics are up with the Turinis, it will go. Id bet £50 it will go at that price too.

It will get tucked away in some collectors garage only to see day light a few times a year no doubt :(
If it goes for this I'll 100% PayPal you £50 lol nice comment against the rest tho tyres be here tomorrow.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M140i
If it goes for this I'll 100% PayPal you £50 lol nice comment against the rest tho tyres be here tomorrow.
And if you don't sell it for that price 100% disappearing off the face of the earth 🤣

As much as I agree with a lot of the comments on here, stuff is fetching insane money atm. Everyone with a bit of cash is jumping into cars they think they're going to want for the rest of their lives when everything goes hybrid or electric. It does make sense in a weird kind of way

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Makes mine look like a bargain at £10k cheaper............................anyone interested? 🤑🤑🤑🤑

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M140i
Taken it off, just put the new wheels on, waiting to get in back at the detailers for a once over and some fresh pics with the Turinis and Clio floor mats
Only pulling your chain mate. Good plans getting it sorted though.

Keep us posted. Me great for other members values if this sells at asking. Shows there's a demand even at that price

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does make me laugh,

We all look at the price and think your taking the piss RenaultRy and you have to admit thats exactly what your trying to do...

However, if it ever sells at that price everyone here will hail you as a champion as they jam £5k on the price of their cars. If you want values to go up its adverts like this that will do it.

I think for most collectors at 15k their money would be safer in a Trophy but I get what your doing and to a certain extent why not, good luck with it, and don't take the comments as nasty, remember you would probably think exactly the same sat on the other side of the screen too.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  RB 182 Cup
With 27k miles on it, if it's mint I'm sure it'll easy go for 5 figures, if not the full asking price to someone looking to put it into a collection.

Personally, I'd rather put that money into a Trophy though. or even stretch to a V6. Actually if I had £15k to put into a car as an investment it probably wouldn't be a mk2 Clio, but I know there are people out there that would, and this car would be for them i guess.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
With 27k miles on it, if it's mint I'm sure it'll easy go for 5 figures, if not the full asking price to someone looking to put it into a collection.

Personally, I'd rather put that money into a Trophy though. or even stretch to a V6. Actually if I had £15k to put into a car as an investment it probably wouldn't be a mk2 Clio, but I know there are people out there that would, and this car would be for them i guess.

To stretch to a V6 you’d need three of these Cups.

😂