ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low mileage insurance

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
My 182 is old enough and has enough miles on it that I want to back off using it as my daily and just use it during summer weekends pretty much. I want to keep it covered all year round just in case my new daily has issues or I fancy a random drive in it, so I was wondering if a) a low mileage policy is even a thing, and b) if so is it worth it for that kind of usage? Do any of you have policies like that?

I don’t pay that much for it today, £400 or so for the year, so it’s no great shakes if I can’t find anything. Just wanted to see what was out there really and I’ve got no experience of that kind of policy or what to look out for, if anything. If it matters, I’ll start to keep it in a locked garage overnight soon too (as soon as I clear the garage out! :LOL:)

TIA!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Greenlight always say to lower my mileage if I can as it drops the price right down.

Although I only paid £300 with 7500 miles on it last year.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Im £150 a year for my cup as part of my multicar policy with aviva, 1000miles per year

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I also will be needing a low mileage policy soon, at what age does a car be classed under classic car insurance? Does anyone know if Greenlight cover BMW’s?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I also will be needing a low mileage policy soon, at what age does a car be classed under classic car insurance? Does anyone know if Greenlight cover BMW’s?
They dont cover BMW and I'm sure it was anything over 25 year old iirc? Dont quote me on the age though haha

Reactions: Ben
Another +1 for Greenlight. Happily used them for a Clio before and will happily use them for another in the future.