ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low MPG and mileage range - is this a fault?

Clio 172 Cup
Hi everyone,

In the morning when I start up my Clio 172 Cup, I seem to get a very low MPG and mileage range. It only seems to happen during cold weather too.

Does anyone else get this on their 172 / Cup? Is it normal, or can it indicate a fault?

Also, it seems that my fuel light sometimes comes on even when the fuel gauge isn't even touching the red line......this seems to only happen in cold weather too.

any help much appreciated.

regards

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
My 172 has been doing this recently, the mpg dropped and the fuel range was also low even after a refuel. It is now in the garage having an uprated cylinder head and a few other upgrades so hopefully will be a bit better when it comes out, if not at least it will have the performance to match the lower mpg this time lol. :)

Clio 172 Cup
mmmm, sometimes the range is like 50-60 miles too low, and the MPG can go down to something stupid like 10-15mpg. Once its warm, the problem goes away.