ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK1 huge consumption

Renault Clio MK1 1.4
Hi, I'm having trouble with my clio. It's a 1.4 8v monopoint engine, 58kw, passed emissions test. The problem is, the best mileage i can get from it is low 20s mpg, and that seems so bad for me. It shakes sometimes when engine braking, and sometimes sputters around 2500rpm. Should I look at lambda sensor (but note, it passed the emissions test), or MAP, or temperature sensor? Temp gauge on cluster reads normal.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
You should see the voltage go from around 0.2v up to 0.8v. The key thing to look for is whether the low voltage reading corresponds with the engine running slower and vice versa. There is a slight delay because it take an amount of time for the gas to get from the cylinder to the lambda but if the frequency of the speed change matches the frequency of the voltage change then that's your culprit.
If it's consistently high, no mater what... then injectors or whatever - as someone posted above.

Renault Clio IV
Your Renault Clio's poor fuel efficiency and engine shaking may be caused by a faulty oxygen sensor, mass airflow sensor, temperature sensor, or ignition system, or a clogged fuel filter or faulty fuel pump. Viewing code would be really helpful here

Renault Clio IV
Your Renault Clio's poor fuel efficiency and engine shaking may be caused by a faulty oxygen sensor, mass airflow sensor, temperature sensor, or ignition system, or a clogged fuel filter or faulty fuel pump. Viewing code would be really helpful here
WTF, I didn't insert any links, how the end up being here?

Attachments

• skimwords.png
    skimwords.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 23
  Renault Clio MK1 1.4
As I said, it doesn't throw any code.

Renault Clio MK1 1.4
I have readjusted the valves, now it runs more smoothly, no flat spots when accelerating. Also have adjusted TPS. We will see if the consumption drops a bit.

Renault Clio MK1 1.4
Okay, so after a few months, consupmtion has stabilised. Now it is around 7L/100km - 40 UK mpg (still not the best, but better then before)

I still have the problem of car jerking sometimes when engine braking. And also, sometimes when I fire it up, the idle goes up to 1500rpm, and when I shake the connector of the idle motor then it stabilises itself at around 1100 1000 (cold engine)