ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

low mpg

172 ph1
alrite people im after abit of help im getting low mpg in my clio 172 its got air filter and a full system cud this b y thanks

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
I seemed to notice burning more fuel just by fitting a CAT Back system on my MK1, maybe psychological mainly, but im sure it doesnt help overall.

172 ph1
when im driving normal ...and sorryits got a decat just seems low what cud cause burning to much fuel

350Z GT
I get 27/28mpg out of my Megane Coupe 1.6 16v, think i've got some serious issues with mine! Getting less out of it than some of you with your 2.0's.

Have been told that giving it a full service should bring it up a bit as well as avoiding short journeys and congested areas.

other factors to consider are age of car , service history as mentioned , with new toys fitted , you are just gunna want to put your toe down tbh .

350Z GT
Also another point mentioned above, I was getting 29mpg when it was warmer, now i'm only getting low 27's with the same Journeys over the winter so that takes a couple of MPG. Obviously Driving style also affects it, wouldnt thrash it around in 1st & 2nd unless you want to be seeing low mpg figures, keep below 4700rpm and it should rise pretty quick, will feel like your driving like an old man though!

Black 197
Also another point mentioned above, I was getting 29mpg when it was warmer, now i'm only getting low 27's with the same Journeys over the winter so that takes a couple of MPG. Obviously Driving style also affects it, wouldnt thrash it around in 1st & 2nd unless you want to be seeing low mpg figures, keep below 4700rpm and it should rise pretty quick, will feel like your driving like an old man though!

Colder weather = denser air = more fuel

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I get 37MPG driving to & from work ( town driving ) usally it doesnt see more than 6k... hammering 32mpg... motorway 42-45mpg

Mods - De-cat, cat-back system, inlets, remap, pannel filter.. i found the de-cat improves fuel consumption on normal driving.. drinks more when led foot action takes place though but was to be expected

Have you had it re-mapped? standard map doesnt run smoothly with the de-cat so you'll be driving the car harder for a start

Ph1
Cold weather might effect mpg but A, its hardly that cold (plus degree during the day) and B, its not going to effect it to the point of a 20 odd mpg level lol

Id be looking in the direction of a failing lambdar sensor if the mpg is seriously bad

172 cup
im averaging over 31-32mpg per tank full recently, was around 35-37 when it was warmer. Thats just with a cat back exhaust. 70% spirited driving too

RB 182 Cup
I get 37MPG driving to & from work ( town driving ) usally it doesnt see more than 6k... hammering 32mpg... motorway 42-45mpg

Mods - De-cat, cat-back system, inlets, remap, pannel filter.. i found the de-cat improves fuel consumption on normal driving.. drinks more when led foot action takes place though but was to be expected

Have you had it re-mapped? standard map doesnt run smoothly with the de-cat so you'll be driving the car harder for a start

I have a 1.4 and i get 30mpg if im being nice!

Black 197
i get aroung 25-30mpg around town but on the motorway @ 60mph i've seen it go up to 45mpg, depends on driving style i think as everybody drives different

172 ph1
no not had chance to have it remapped yet oo yh the cars got a 182 manifold on it as well ..some times in the morning when ive just started the car and i pull off up hill i lose all power and have to keep reving it then it will b perect any one ??