ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

low...or maybe not.. 60mm

J03

MX5 1.8
lowered the car at 60mm today, to my suprise i was expecting abit more of a drop than what ive got now.. maybe it needs to settle but i want it lower.. argh..

DSC02216.jpg

DSC02220.jpg

DSC02221.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02229.jpg

opinions? :S
cheers joe

Mazda 3 MPS
Side on pics of before and after would have helped mate but I think it looks good. They will settle down and drop a bit more probably, within a few days. Give them a chance to bed in. Whats it lowered on anyway?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
nice. get some spacers to push the wheels out a little bit though, and a sport grill. possibly lose the mesh in the lower grill, or paint it black and that'll look smart

J03

MX5 1.8
its lowered on apex springs.. shite i know lol
il wait a few days then to see.. yup il be getin a sports grille very soon, keepin the mesh though.. original made the front look too 'liney' if you know what i mean, yeah il get a side pic soon 2moro because its dark now..
thought about spacers but people say that it ruins the handling.. is this true?

BMW M135i
They new springs? They will settle if they are, the back looks 60ish the front looks more lik 40mm atm.

What I normally do when I have lowered ppl's car's in the past is go over a few spped bumps which settles them straight away.

I remember selling a set of G-Max -40mm springs to a guy off here, who also came to my house to have them fitted and it turned out to by lower than that.

I wouldn't say they are -60mm spring though mate

J03

MX5 1.8
cheers guys the cars got 17s.. i know it looks no way near 60.. fustrating really i wanted it low but il wait for it to settle more.. it had them 17s when i bought them, mods ive done are angel eyes, mesh grille, lowering, rear lights, sunstrip and re painted my side stripes black instead of leaving it silver.., also bought and fitted a new standard bumper as the one before had a stupid cut out for the exhaust.. oh and meggy splitter

cock mobile.
It will drop more once it's settled, but I'd get off the 17s and go for some decent 16s or 15s will make it look loads better!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It will drop more once it's settled, but I'd get off the 17s and go for some decent 16s or 15s will make it look loads better!

how? 17's look better than 16's! On a 1.2 does it really matter lol!

60mm springs are dire!!! Had mine on for 1k miles i think then binned them!

Clio MK 4
1.2's sit higher than sports normally to start with so probs not as low as if you got 60mm on a sports. that looks only slightly lower than my 172 which has 17" wheels and mine not been lowered yet.

cock mobile.

I think the 17s just look too big in the arches, doesn't help that these alloys are particularly cheap / poor looking :(

i love the way it looks with 17s lool. Thats why i was hoping they were goin to be 17s becuase when i buy my car in a few months i wanted 17s so this has just reasured me :)

Should settle quite alot..will take a week or two though..should imagine another inch.
looks lower than my 60mm shocks and springs.

Mental 172 Cup
mate it will settle alot more then that over time!!! i remember thinking mine didnt when i first done it but leave it a good month and then look at it then!! if ur not happy then go for p.i springs as the sit lower then any other 60mm springs ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I think the 17s just look too big in the arches, doesn't help that these alloys are particularly cheap / poor looking :(

matter of Opinion i suppose! I think 17's look spot on! Wish i'd got 17in Turini's on the 172!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I had it lowered 60mm on spring and it looked lower than that, I still wanted lower aswell though so went coilovers. Im at work now but if you want i could post pics of mine on the 60mm springs later?

J03

MX5 1.8
yeah that will be great mate, post the pics of the springs and maybe il give u a PM.
i stil facny the look of 17s, makes the car look better, fills the arche pefectly, i dont like the alloys i have on but it makes them look really big!
il wait for a few weeks to let them settle in the meantime :)

ive got an update btw, i have a spare clio badge from the scrappy, sprayed it in black, what do you think?

ABCD0006-1.jpg

J03

MX5 1.8
well we'l have to wait and see then....

ordered my HU today woo.

here some pics with the black badge.. opinions?
am not really sure... some one reassure me please..

ABCD0010.jpg

ABCD0009.jpg

197 with cup pack
I had mine lowered 35 at front and 30 at back and the wheels fitted nice in the arch with no gap between top of tyre and arch.

RenaultSport 172.
or even 16172ff wheels would make a big diffrence :D

15''s would be mint tho :D

J03

MX5 1.8
yeah am looking for 16s soon when i get the money, but they alloys came with the car so i cant really complain.. ppl say it looks alright so i kept it but i want a change now