ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low revs from cold start

Clio 172, Abarth 500
Hi Guys,

Been having this issue for the past week with my 172, when I get in the car in the morning, the car does start but at very very low revs Possibly 500 or less, if I touch the throttle it's then fine and will be through out the rest of the journey to work.

The car doesn't seem to have other issues if I start up after 8 hours of working its fine. Its a daily too, so it's not being left that long between taking it out.

Bit of a noob currently, so really after what I should be looking at first to start identifying what the issue could be.

Cheers

Chris

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Have you recently bought it? Might have something to do with the cold limiter. Is it hesitant to rev high for the first few minutes?

Clio 172, Abarth 500
I really don't know because I generally don't take it above 2-3k revs until I get out of town (5 - 10 mins).

I've had the car since October and was generally fine over the winter, it maybe did this once or twice.

Clio 172, Abarth 500
Hey guys,
On top of this I realised today I get a whine at around 2.5k - 3k revs and above. Sounds a little like a supercharger....
I'm not sure if its linked but at a wild guess I'm thinking alternator?
The cambelt and desipher was done around 8k miles ago and a similar time the driveshaft was done. (This was all done before I bought the car).I'm not sure when the aux belt was done last.

I also noticed the engine is lumpy on idle.(When warm too).

Any thoughts?