ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lower it gets... the longer it last

Nothing at the mo :(
Anyone else find this on there petrol gauge? lol

lower the needle gets to empty the less amount it takes per miles

Cause atm im a tramp and got no cash.. and im only putting in £10 at a time atm and its lasting bloody ages

but if ya fill it. then its on half a tank before ya know it!!!

because your driving style changes, due to the fear of possibly running empty, so you dont take it all the way so to speak. Should know better than driving on low fuel.

Westy. MX5
because your driving style changes, due to the fear of possibly running empty, so you dont take it all the way so to speak. Should know better than driving on low fuel.

^^^^^ +1 Thats the reason why. It can't be be anything else except the car car is lighter with a small amount of fuel onboard but very,very marginal.

please dont tell me your one of these people who say " driving with low fuel with bring up muck from the tank into your engine*

please dont tell me your one of these people who say " driving with low fuel with bring up muck from the tank into your engine*
not quite, as im sure the fuel filter prevents this, maybe its because a petrol light or low needle means the car needs tanking up.

not quite, as im sure the fuel filter prevents this, maybe its because a petrol light or low needle means the car needs tanking up.

lol good.. just find it funny when people think gunk is gonna enter the engine.. reason why the filter is there :p so looks like your not so your cool :p

1.5dci
i always find I can do miles and miles withotu the needle even moving from the top of the gauge, then it shots through to the 1/4 mark, then sits there for several hundred miles, then i occasionally hit the red and get the fuel light coming on... actually since owning her it's the second time i've actually got to see the light

Chav Rocket
fair enough the filter is there to stop gunk from getting in the engine, but wouldn't you want to minimize the gunk blocking up the filter?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Clio fuel gauges are just c**k teasing c-units :mad:

I can get just over 300 miles to a full tank, but I'll do about 120 miles & the gauge says I've only used 1/4 of a tank :rolleyes: