ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LOWER MY CAR FOR CASH

phase 1 172
hello people,

i`m fed up of garages quotin me stupids figures just fit my lowering springs so far from £170 - £280 and thats just fitting, explainin that it takes all day :mad:

BOLL**KS TO THAT

garages just fink every1 is a mug :clown:

anyway if any1 is willing to lower my car (phase 1 172) for cash in hand in the telford/ midland area it wud be much appreciated

cheers peeps :)

phase 1 172
some people make me laf rang up my local place tellin me its a day job, if i can find a garage 2 do my cambelt for £250 in a day im sure they can cope with 4 springs

phase 1 172
how far away r ya ben

neva thought of yozza, struggled 2 find the place last time tomtom took me 2 the postcode but i was in pensioner heaven

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Flippin heck! if he can ask so can i

How can i improve the handling of my dci clio?

Would new springs do it or would i hav to do dampers as well & how much would it cost to fit cash in hand? ;)

phase 1 172
join the revolution dci, wud defo improve stock handlin dampers r`nt a need but always better 2 replace wiv upgrade versions as it tightens everyfin up
springs r ok up 2 40mm but ul always get better results from a full set up

Would new springs do it or would i hav to do dampers as well & how much would it cost to fit cash in hand? ;)
To do a proper job an realy get a better setup spend a lod ornot at all Fk's are the bootom of what you should IMo be looking at £420 or so for them as coilovers Next step is H and R's at £750.

wud defo improve stock handlin dampers r`nt a need but always better 2 replace wiv upgrade versions as it tightens everyfin up
springs r ok up 2 40mm but ul always get better results from a full set up
Stocks very good though realy.

There no uprated cheap dampers though IMO out there and I've seen a few.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
if you're nearer derby i could do them for you mate?
I'm off work monday and tuesday next week aswell or the weekend?

pm me mate.

phase 1 172
cheers pepsi but i fink derby is abit far probably near the 2hr mark but i appreciate the offer

Rich, i'm only from Bridgnorth. I would do it for you but im going away to las vegas this weekend on holiday. Give Steve Blackham a ring. He's in Bridgnorth by the Severn Park area. I'm sure he'll do it for about £40-50.

Chris

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i wont charge much mate, to be honest i just want to see a ph1 in the flesh and maybe get taken for a ride....!!!

can't garuntee i'll be the fastest but i'll probably be the cheapest...!

pug 106 rallye S2
give it a go yourself i managed mine on me drive... easy enough follow the guide on here you need only basic tools took me 15 mins to do the rears and about a hour for the fronts (top bolts bit seized didnt soak them overnight in oil....)
if you know what a spanner and socket set look like you will be fine!
spend the £50 on a tool set better investment for when other things come loose on these french beasties... and you get more satisfaction throwing it thorugh corners knowing you worked on it yourself! well i do anyways

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Wanting a decent but low price lowering kit for my car to improve the hnadling plus someone to fit it? how much would that cost on a dci 2004? :)

Meg on pistonheads £6995
Flippin heck! if he can ask so can i

^ ^

I got 'em done on mine for £122 parts & labour in 2004 @ BB in Essex (40mm Apex, standard shocks)

Bit crashy, but better than standard. Original shocks still fine too @ 58K (48K lowered)

Max. £150/180 now all-in?

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
How low should i go? I'm not lookin to go nuts with it but wont it low like a 172. Its got 16's on there atm :)

Meg on pistonheads £6995
a 172/182 is only about 25/30mm lower than an ordinary car (01-05 model anyway)

40mm on a standard motor gives almost spot on for that 'natural' look

silver door badges go long way too (mine are silver dci)

RB 182 Cup
on the sport you dont even need spring clamps i dont think? i'd do it but i think im too far away

FOR SALE!!!
hey mate i will do them for you what are you changing just the springs our dampers as well? ill do it all in for £60 quid it really aint hard but if you aint willing to do it your self then fair play im from stone which is just past stafford

Bit crashy, but better than standard. Original shocks still fine too @ 58K (48K lowered)
Shock wear though depend how you drive stock shocks for me I chnaged at 50k with standard springs as I wasn't happy with them.

I find the Apex to hard a ride though but each to there own.
on the sport you dont even need spring clamps i dont think? i'd do it but i think im too far away

You don't but unless you've done them efore or know what your doing use them.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd do it for £50, it's easy! Only prob i had was snapping allen keys on the top mounts.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
do it yourself !! its a piece of pish. i never realised how easy it was till i did it.