ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lower springs

172 cup
hi all,

what is the lowest you can go on springs? i have coilovers but the ride quality is terrible and there too many clunks and noise for my liking, i like my cars really low, anyone had custom springs?

172 cup
gaz mate, ive had springs befor and they seem to be a better ride, its the clunking noise of the top struts thts annoying i hate it

A Flamin' Red one
I think your best bet (if you really do want to get rid of the coilovers) for a low car is 40mil on Apex springs. As far as I'm aware, the only springs that will lower the car more are only available for the 1.2 - 1.6 range. GAZ coiovers are renound for the their firmness, they're a track thing really so it makes sense. Perhaps look at some FKs?

TBH it sounds like that because of the increase firmness you are getting knocking from somewhere else. check your top mounts havent perished and also check the ARB links as these are prone to going aswell. Failing that check engine moounts and exhaust mounts.

As for going low on springs, i'd forget it, sell the GAZ coilovers and get better ones if the above doesnt sort you out.