ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowered 40mm

can everyone who has pics of a car lowered 40mm send in there pics for me, im a bit indesisive of how low to go, i couldnt find a feed on this topic, thanx alot people.

However low you go your always want to go lower why put of the inevitable save for coilover for 80mm lowering. (even more with custom springs)

okey, so im more tempted to go 40mm, with a kit, can i get 17s on it without disturbing the arches? on a clio2 phase 1?

cheers for helping

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Get -60mm!! I had -40mm and there now off the car. Regret getting them in the first place, you can still get 5 folk in the car on -60mm on 17s with no rubbage!

Im selling ma spring if ur interested.

Ill post pics this weekend.

I think if your keeping your car pretty standard, with the 15s or a subtle upgrade then -40mm would suit it, but if you want 17s, big spoilers etc. youll want to go further, even with -60mm theres a noticeable arch gap.

-Rob

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Not to noticable! a bit...! defo wouldnt want to go lower that -60mm, even if i could.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

CAREFUL SON! I have a kit and have 40mm drop, not got me 17s yet but right now i cant go over any speed humps without scraping like a mofo!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i like ajrm had -35mm and wish id done -60mm from the start, now changed and so much better

mine are in sale section now. 55 quid inc postage.

Does anyone not think those Leggeras look small compared to other 17s?

I have Leggeras at the moment and they look titchy,

And i have 40ml, i think 60ml is just too much of an uncomfortable ride man. Bumpy as hell, unless your prepared to uprate the shocks.

Or i suppose you could cheat and cut the springs!

How much do you pay for 60ml springs? and where from?

Do people fit em themselves?

Fred / AJM, i must say Clios look lovely! respect! mines exactly the same in silver. Soon to have no leggeras though.

[Edited by SOOTY on 30 April 2004 at 12:37pm]

H22A7 Accord Type R

its coz the legs spokes dont go right to the edge, there is a Rim - its the weight of them that i like!!! Id have 15s but they would look TINY lol

Shame R3, just sold my Leggeras for 450 with Falkons. Would have went well cause you have the same Clio as my gfriend and ive had them on hers.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

just dont c how u manage to drive around like that all the time fred. mines 40mm drop 15s with a kit and im scrapping every speed hump like a chump!

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

simple way round that 1 dont tell em or lie bout the amount its lowered. what insurance company u with

lol, yes but u can drop acar 60mm on 17s and still take 6 pplz in the car and over humps with no rubbing so that not recommended thing is poop!

Quote: simple way round that 1 dont tell em or lie bout the amount its lowered. what insurance company u with

Yeah mate... Thats a great idea... u know why? Coz ive got a 53 plate clio... i modded it, i crashed it in janurary, my insurance was then voided coz of my modifications and i have now just forked our 5k to get it repaired and reinsure it for a year, so if u wanna do that then u feel free! but theres no way im doing that again! and no, i aint even gonna lie about how much, im just glad ive got it insured and all the mods insured too this time around.

H22A7 Accord Type R

id agree with Connor, i went through my first year with the clio keeping it standard due to the free insurance, then modified it after the 1st year, on my insurance i pay EXTRA for to have the freedom of mods. I spent an extra £200 this year round to stay with a mod friendly company. Declaration is the only way to go.............even for the extra expense

Too right... cheers r30bc.

Im now paying 400 more for my mods to be declared and i think thats very good considering my track record etc.