ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered 60mm

clio 1.2 16v 54 reg
Can anyone post a pic of 54reg shaped clio with the 16inch 172 alloys on, with 60mm lowering springs on. The reason being ive just bought the rims but not sure whether 2 lower my car 35mm 0r 60mm. Cheers guys

E60 diesel powah
DSC07584.jpg

DSC06258.jpg

DSC06212.jpg

mine now on coilies tho

Ali

V6, R500, Jeep SRT
My old 1.2 looked s**t hot...Bar the rear lights and skirts...Although they looked ok actually. :)

Went round corners 100x beta than my 172...

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
P6250064.gif

DSCN1949.gif

60mm or more or i wouldnt bother, you could always get a fat bird and stick her in the back when you drive about if you want the 35mm look!

2005 Impreza WRX STI
I say, if you sell your car and the lad cant get it MOT'd because the garage requests it raised or spacers put on it, its a fail...... then its about the right height!
seriously though, so many people lower their cars by 30-40 mm and wish they went lower! 60mm or lower I say!!!

or you could go 80mm on fk's and any less be a ghey. :clown:
oh and i passed my MOT. less just say it just about fit on the rollers. lol

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
  No more clio's for me!
For general road use, i'm sure they will be fine??

I've got a spare set of 172 alloys if i don't like 'em. :)

V6
Martin_89 said:
you know about the handling issues 17s will cause dont you? dont mean that as a dig just incase you didnt and ended up dissapointed

im my opinon there isnt any handeling issues with 17s ive got 17s with 60mm drop on my clio i have had 16s before and cudnt realy tell difference only that ride was ever so silghty harder on crapy roads still have bags of fun round corners :)

200 Ultra Red
I'm wanting to lower but will 60mm not cause complications? I've got a 1.2 16v 55 reg with TD pro race 16'' alloys...