ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered 60mm

clio 1.2 16v 54 reg
Can anyone post a pic of 54reg shaped clio with the 16inch 172 alloys on, with 60mm lowering springs on. The reason being ive just bought the rims but not sure whether 2 lower my car 35mm 0r 60mm. Cheers guys

E60 diesel powah
DSC07584.jpg

DSC06258.jpg

DSC06212.jpg

mine now on coilies tho

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
My old 1.2 looked s**t hot...Bar the rear lights and skirts...Although they looked ok actually. :)

Went round corners 100x beta than my 172...

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
P6250064.gif

DSCN1949.gif

60mm or more or i wouldnt bother, you could always get a fat bird and stick her in the back when you drive about if you want the 35mm look!

2005 Impreza WRX STI
I say, if you sell your car and the lad cant get it MOT'd because the garage requests it raised or spacers put on it, its a fail...... then its about the right height!
seriously though, so many people lower their cars by 30-40 mm and wish they went lower! 60mm or lower I say!!!

or you could go 80mm on fk's and any less be a ghey. :clown:
oh and i passed my MOT. less just say it just about fit on the rollers. lol

picture012th9.jpg

picture010df0.jpg

sta70432yd0.jpg

sta70446hy1.jpg

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
  No more clio's for me!
For general road use, i'm sure they will be fine??

I've got a spare set of 172 alloys if i don't like 'em. :)

V6
Martin_89 said:
you know about the handling issues 17s will cause dont you? dont mean that as a dig just incase you didnt and ended up dissapointed

im my opinon there isnt any handeling issues with 17s ive got 17s with 60mm drop on my clio i have had 16s before and cudnt realy tell difference only that ride was ever so silghty harder on crapy roads still have bags of fun round corners :)

200 Ultra Red
I'm wanting to lower but will 60mm not cause complications? I've got a 1.2 16v 55 reg with TD pro race 16'' alloys...