ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered Car will it go threw M.O.T

Clio
Hello i am just wandering if i was to lower my car 60mm on springs would the car still go threw mot as it is up in may time and would rather not put them in now and have to take out for mot in may. and what is the new mot checks for 2012 and the car is a mk2 clio
390075_10150378403166379_526651378_8515199_1432827087_n.jpg

Megane 225 F1
Lowering the car won't affect the MOT. However, having it lowered on 60mm with standard shocks might give you problems.

*Through MOT btw ;)

MG ZR 1.8
Lol.

I'm lowered on standard shocks 60mm, but I did that a week before my mot, so my shocks were ok.

But my shocks are slowly dying, so will need either coilies or new shocks by next mot.

MG ZR 1.8
You can have 60mm lowering springs on standard shock absorbers, yes. But After a while the shock absorbers will start to stop absorbing the lumps and bumps in the road...so start breaking lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I ran my first Clio for 2-3 years lowered 60m on front and 40mm on the rear and had no issues.

DSC01110.jpg

That was years and years ago lol

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
60mm drop will not cause the shocks to wear out any faster. a shock is designed to work at any length if the shock bottoms out at any point or at full length the spring is loose then they will need to be changed to a shock with a shorter piston.

a normal lowering spring will normally be 10/15% stiffer than a standered spring so wont match the shock dampening rate thats why they are not as good and the reason to buy shocks and spring kits as they are made to work together.

mines lowered 60mm front and rear and will pass an mot ok. (soon to be 100mm on the rear)

will only fail if the car gets jacked up and the springs is loose or wont correctly seat its self

Last edited: