ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered dci - bouncing around

Hi there,

I sold my 206 GTI a month ago and bought a Clio dci 80bhp instead. I drive a lot (20k miles a year) and needed a comfy diesel - and therefor went for the Clio. I really love the car, the performance is so useful (much more so than the GTIs) and the mpg is great. I usually drive around town and so the torque at 2-3.000 rpm is a hoot. BUT I have one little problem: The car is lowered.. It looks fantastic and the ride is not awful, but it seems the car is bouncing a bit around. When I pass large bumps et al. it seems to bounce quite a lot, with the suspension sturggling not to let the nose and rear scrape along the road (well not exactly, but I guess you get the picture).

So, my questions are: Are the shocks gone? Is the car supposed to behave like that? Its only got 10k miles on the clock so wear etc. shouldnt be that bad - or??

Cheers,

CJ

Lionel Richie

How low is it???? My shocks have done 30000miles (20000miles lowered 60mm) and theyre fine!!!!

What make are the springs????

Mine doesnt like bumps, and does "bounce about" a bit

Should be original Renault springs. And they should lower around 35mm. The car was a dealers car before, so I suppose its original Renault parts.

-CJ

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

cj - if its lowered then you should really have uprated shox as well this may be your problem

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

it will be a fair bit harder but i think the improvment in handling will be worth it.....better than driving round in a boat.

I lowered my xr and to be honest it werent to bad till I put 16"s on it with 45 profile tyres......now its it bit harsh

Thanks, but the problem is not the handling; I mainly drive around town, so Id rahter have a comfortable car. But I guess the problem is that the springs are too hard compared to the dampers som that the ride gets bouncy instead of comfortable (a 2cv doesnt bounce - it just sort of soak up the potholes etc.)..

-CJ