ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered on h&rs

Hiya all,ive got a 172 cup!and i lowered it yesterday on h&r coilovers!now my mate put them on for me!but i have some terrible knocking noise on the rear every time i go over any tiny little bump in the road!its nothing in the boot as it is clear!and im just worried about driving it now!i just wonderd if anyone knew what it could be?also im all the way down at the rear and it doesnt look much different to standard,should this be right?:dapprove:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
the rears don't lower that much tbh...... . If its from the rear its most probably the exhaust hitting the rear beam when you go over bumps..... mine took abit of fettling to stop. Its also more apparent if you have an aftermarket exhaust fitted

Thanks for the quick reply mate,Hopefully its just that because im a bit worried about driving it,since being lowered ive drove a mile home and the noise put me off driving any more,is there any way to drop the rear a tiny bit more?ive seen pics on here of cups looking much lower than my rear!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
well i brought some gaz springs and platforms off ebay, as these lowere a good 10mm or so more than the h&R set up. I think the platform arrangement on the H&R is poor compared to the gaz/fk set up

other than that your looking at custom springs

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
000_0012.jpg

how mine sits with the gaz rear set up....^ (currently)

how it sat wiith the h&r set up (last summer ish)

DSC00037.jpg

go outside and give the exhaust a good rattle round from the rear box, you'll probably hear it knocking..... is it aftermarket?

Cheers for the reply matey,it was a spring not sitting properly on the platform!Sorted now,whats you handeling like now?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
well mines been on H&R's for well over a year, so can't remember what it was like before. I would advise getting the tracking and camber set up now as it'll be all to c**k!