ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered

Can anyone tell me please.....

I have my 172 (01) lowered on prima srpings 35 and 40mm, I am just about to upgrade my wheels from standard 15s to 16s. I would love to go to 17s but am not sure if theyd fit sinces it quiet low. Just noticed a lot of cars in teh Gallery, lowered on 17s. Whats the story? Can I fit 17s on or should I stick to 16s ?

Thanks.

Renault Laguna Coupe

I assume this is a Mk2? There have been a few threads on this subject. If I remember correctly, you can get away with 30mm drop / 17s without any rubbing, even fully loaded. Cars lowered 40mm with 17s experienced some rubbing, although I dont think it was anything too restrictive.

A lot of the Mk2s in the gallery have Eibach springs which give a 30mm drop, but Im sure someone whos gone a little lower will chip in...

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Maybe a stupid answer but have a look on the gallery at the specs of the car to see if anyones match what you are going to do.

Most of them have a description of what they have had done !

Just a thought !

Thanks. But they might have had work done on the inner arch and not mentiioned. I just want to be sure before I go buy them.

thanks for the help.

17s should fit under even though u have a 40 mm drop, ive got 17s on mine with a 40 mm and theres 1 problem it scrapes on full lock a part from that its fine and looks really sweet, the arches dont have to be rolled either.

hope this helps :)

Evil Clio, have you a phase one also ? What profile tyres do you have with them? Do they bottom out when you go over a bump / dip at speed ?

thanks.

hi tony, well may not be exact, I have a performance Pack I bought from Primma, Cat-less exhaust, Green Induction kit, upgraded ECU and Kent Cams. they reckon it would be somewhere over 190 and under 200. at the fly wheel. all I know is that is really really quick, I had an Impreza turbo for the last year or so, only sold it and bought the clio as I bought a house and needed something cheaper to run. The Clio feels just as quick now

Yeah i have a phase one clio 98 onwards mines an x reg.ive got 205 profile tyres.they do not bottom out wen i go over sum speed humps, but my front bumper is so low ive go over the speed humps at around 1 mph.with 17s on it makes the car slower expecially gling up hills on the motorway but with yours running at 192 bhp i dont think u will have that sort of problem:D