ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering 172 & camber bolts

i am lowering my clio 172 with eibach sportline lowering springs.will i need the camber correcting bolts or shud i do without them?think the springs lower it bout 35mm.urgent need to no as soon as possible so i can get those bolts ordered if i need them!cheers

B

Bennyboy

lowering any car from the standard height will change the camber angle. changing the angle will affect the handling and your tyres will wear out on the inside edges faster. its swings and roundabouts time..pay £40 for the bolts now or pay for new tyres sooner than youd normally have to..does that make any sense? bit pissed....

Quote: Originally posted by Darren555 on 07 November 2003

Camber bolts are not necessary ;)
Is your Mk1 172 lowered? What springs did you used? Please tell me it improves things?!

it does, but camber isnt always a bad thing.

Factory geometry settings take many factors into account, incuding wear characteristics and safety understeer.

Lionel Richie

theres no need, your only lowering 30mm, to change the camber youd have to enlarge the holes on the struts anyway to fit the adjusting bolts (i think)

£40 for adjusting bolts, ok fairy muff, but how much to set the camber up???? your talking £100ish for 4 wheel alingmant and camber, but you can also plus corner weights if youre gonna be "anal"

Lionel Richie

BennyR my dear boyo, i was refering to having the camber set up aswell as the alingment done!!!! Im not a complete plonker, i wouldnt pay £100 to have my tracking done!!!!