ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering 90mm, what do I need....

Clio
Ive just lowered the rear on my 1.2 by 60mm with uprated shocks and adjusters. Ive just ordered some 90mm front springs, will I need anything like spacers? will I get any rubbing? ive got 172 alloys on if that makes any difference.

cheers.

Ph1 Williams No: 112
I didnt think it was possible to get 90mm lowering springs.. unless theyve been cut? link to where you bought them?

you'll be fine slamming it to the floor as long as you stick to 15" rims and preferably low profile tyres as the maximum size you fill the arches with.

Get coileys.

Clio
I didnt think it was possible to get 90mm lowering springs.. unless theyve been cut? link to where you bought them?.

Nah they are custom made>>> http://www.accustomdesigns.co.uk/Home

you'll be fine slamming it to the floor as long as you stick to 15" rims and preferably low profile tyres as the maximum size you fill the arches with.

Awesome, 172 alloys are 15" aren't they? yeah got low pros on them. So no rub even on full lock?

Get coileys.

I did, they didn't fit so going for springs instead. Can't find coileys for my 8v 1.2

a low one
on standard shocks you will destroy them within a short amount of time, coilovers are a must! or atleast uprate the shocks too. Ive got mine pretty low on the 172 alloys (90mm rear and god knows what on the front ) and i scrub the wings let alone the arch liners etc.

Octavia VRS LE
firend had 90mm springs on standard shocks wrecked his chasis or something and had to fork out 700-800 quid to repair the damage it caused not too sure hwta the damage was thou...

Ph1 Williams No: 112
Nah they are custom made>>> http://www.accustomdesigns.co.uk/Home
Awesome, 172 alloys are 15" aren't they? yeah got low pros on them. So no rub even on full lock
I did, they didn't fit so going for springs instead. Can't find coileys for my 8v 1.2

I see. Definitely still go for coileys, its just the bolt spacing that is different which is more than likely why the ones you have bought do not fit.

Rip out the arch linings or you can leave them in, it will scrape on full lock though as is to be expected.