ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering 90mm+

Anyone know where i can find the cheapest way to lower my car at the rear by at least 90mm!? It is a MkII Phase 1 clio

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Fill the boot with as much weight as u can get.....big concrete blocks

*this option is avaliable on all models
**Has is not responible for damaged caused by these stupid actions

End of the day mate there is NO cheap option, you need coilvers wiht custom made springs....very expensive

I knew coilovers were the option, just dont know what ones to get!

Dont wanna fork out loads, just a budget set will do (i know these are still expensive)!

Anyone know of any, but not too sh1t!

I was told of a company near me can tweak around with suspension ive already got, but im guessing this will result in short life for the 60mm springs i have on at the moment!

Quote: Originally posted by Essex Boy on 08 March 2005

I knew coilovers were the option, just dont know what ones to get!

Dont wanna fork out loads, just a budget set will do (i know these are still expensive)!

Anyone know of any, but not too sh1t!

I was told of a company near me can tweak around with suspension ive already got, but im guessing this will result in short life for the 60mm springs i have on at the moment!
What? Angle grinder to the springs so it f**ks your shocks?

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

either get some standard coilovers like fks and go 85mm or get them custom made, no other way to do it.

Ahhh i remember now

There was a lad at FCS (IIRC) who had custom springs made...and fred was annoyed cus it was almost as low as his car and he had no scrubbing cus he brought wheels wiht a different offset to normal Clio ones.....sorry dunno where he got hte springs made, or what offset the wheels were etc etc

"Custom springs" werent they "cut" springs mate ?

anyway, whatever you do to normal springs you fook them royally up - the ride will be crap and the actual structure of the spring will be damaged - which may actually throw you off into a ditch when the spring lets loose...

Dont do anything apart from pay "proper money" for a LOOOOOW coilover kit, fred paid loads for his, but his are ace, yes the drive is a bit rougher then normal, but I sh*t you not its a go-kart! nothing gets close to his for handling.