ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering help

RB 197 fatty
im just about to order some 35mm lowering springs from k-tec.

i have 182 wheels on my 1.2. if i have just one person in the back now with standard suspension i get a rubbing/grinding from the rear turning round bends.

will this causemajor problems if i lower it?!?! or is it just the arch liners rubbing and i can take them out??

help much appretiated in advance! ;)

cheers, normy

FOR SALE!!!
hmm i have 16's on my clio lowerd 30mm and i dont get any rubbing with a full load in the back and sub in the boot may is ya arch liner i still kept myn in tho

RB 197 fatty
yeah? dunno then? thee wheels re a fair bit wider than my old ones somaybe its the actual arch scraping the tread. does feel like that

RB 197 fatty
anyone else help??

need to know if i will have problems before i buy and also whether to go for eibach pros (30mm) or the sprtlines (45mm)???

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!

Da

Less
5mm spacers on the rear. I had 182 wheels on my 1.2 and was down 60mm with no rubbing once I fitted the spacers. No rubbing at the front.

Da

Less
About £6 from ebay and they simply fit between your alloy wheel and the wheel hub. 5 mins to fit no more.

Da

Less
I didn't bother with only having 5mm spacers, but some people may/will say yes you need longer bolts.

RB 197 fatty
right ok mate.... cheers! you been a great help. much appretiated

oh do i go 30mm or 45mm.... i dont know. decisions decisions!!!!!

Da

Less
no probs, oh and IMHO 45mm as 30mm will look standard before you fitted the 182 wheels.

RB 197 fatty
yeah... i feel very drawn to the 45 mark!

will be done next week... photos will be done.... watch this space!

cheers fella