ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering mk1

Clio MK1
I have a clio RT with 16s on it. am sure the tyre are 205/45s. Just wanna ask if any knows how low a can go with out the car rubbing.

Also how much should a garage take to do a torshion bar on the back on the car. because i can fit struts my self
thanks in advance

S2000
I'm not sure how low you can go on 16's, but have a look HERE for how to do the torsion bar. If you are able to do the truts youself you will definately manage the torsion bar.

Clio MK1
Thanks for the guide mate a will give it a shot soon, the car is like a tank on 16. What is the screw for ??

Clio mk1 1.2
im lowering my clio this weekend 55mm at the front on 15s and dunno how much on rear but its gonna be low

Clio MK1
When ya lowereron it on the back you put the torshion bar up a couple clicks, av bein reading that 3 clicks should be enough or do yous guys think i can get more????

S2000
Haddow said:
When ya lowereron it on the back you put the torshion bar up a couple clicks, av bein reading that 3 clicks should be enough or do yous guys think i can get more????

If anyone talks about clicks - ignore them. You can use that method but if you do it means you can only raise/lower it by about 20mm incriments, whereas in reality you can raise/lower it in 3mm incriments.

What to do is remove the torsion bar, using a jack raise the rear hub till it's at the height you want then push the torsion bar back in. At first it might not go straight back in, so try the torsion bar one spline at a time and try to push it in - after turning it a few splines it will slide in part of the way, but not completely. Once at this stage raise the hub by about 1 or 2mm and then try to push it in again - it will go in all the way and the jobs a good 'un.

Clio MK1
cheers mate and thanks for the advice. A will attempt it when a get a sunny day. Will be a good days work, A live in scotland so a dont get much sun shine:(

S2000
Haddow said:
cheers mate and thanks for the advice. A will attempt it when a get a sunny day. Will be a good days work, A live in scotland so a dont get much sun shine:(

lol, I live in Edinburgh so I know the feeling. Where abouts in scotland are you based mate?

S2000
donsrno1 said:
If anyone talks about clicks - ignore them. You can use that method but if you do it means you can only raise/lower it by about 20mm incriments, whereas in reality you can raise/lower it in 3mm incriments.

What to do is remove the torsion bar, using a jack raise the rear hub till it's at the height you want then push the torsion bar back in. At first it might not go straight back in, so TURN the torsion bar one spline at a time and try to push it in - after turning it a few splines it will slide in part of the way, but not completely. Once at this stage raise the hub by about 1 or 2mm and then try to push it in again - it will go in all the way and the jobs a good 'un.

Though I better make that clear as I had put try instead of turn before.

EDIT: I got that wrong again - but sorted now, lol