ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering my 182 60mm

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

i thought it was if they couldnt prove lowering it caused the problem then they cant say anything. could be wrong though

[Edited by Craig on 11 September 2005 at 10:12pm]

E60 diesel powah

unless she meant void all her warrenty? it will void springs but nothin else, coz mines 60mm n been on couple times

Buy my coilovers, only £360 ;)

As for warranty it depends on the dealer, some are funny about mods others dont care. Best to give them a call and ask them if they would have any issues with warranty cover if you were to lower the car.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

i thought the warrenty was with Renault UK, not the local dealer :confused:

Mine is lowered 60mm and basically if i get a prob, then they have to prove it is the springs/dampers.. The only thing they dont cover for breaking etc is the suspension, which should be covered by the company supplying the new lower ones....

just what ive been led to believe.

They can only refuse warenty work if they can prove the modification is responsible and most dealers cannot or dont want the publicity with refusing claims. Mine went in for work when it had coilovers with no issues.

Springs alone wont get you down 60mm though 40 is about the best I think.

Best get mathcing springs and dampers or coilovers though all the way.

As father and son....

got mine on a 60mm drop but then again its not a 182 so i cant confirm if its different for a 182 over a 1.2

you can probably get just springs that drop 60mm, but this WILL f*ck your dampers, shouldnt really drop more than 30mm on standard dampers. Its best not to lower on just springs anyway as this puts increased stress on the dampers.